Our Litigation Department is growing! Reyes Browne Reilley is a successful, top-rated personal injury law firm in Dallas, and we are seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal. If hired, you will provide overall litigation support to injury client and Attorney needs.
A generous and competitive salary will be commensurate with experience. We also offer an excellent work environment/culture and top-of-the-line "Fortune 100" job benefits including medical and dental, and (after 1 year of service) participation in our employer matched, fully vested 401K retirement plan.
The ideal English / Spanish bilingual candidate has full time personal injury law experience working a Plaintiff's personal injury docket, preferably with primary concentration on car and truck accidents and premises liability cases. Experience in mass tort litigation is a significant plus.
This is not your typical law firm paralegal job, it is a DREAM job and career for the right candidate - but please note: Reyes Browne Reilley is an extremely busy office, and this is not a place for someone looking for an easy "9-to-5" job, but perfect for someone who is willing to dig in, put in the hours, and do "whatever is required" to succeed, ensure our clients are happy, cases are litigated and resolved correctly, and be a top producer. While we are a very high volume office, we maintain extremely high standards for quality of representation, client satisfaction, and results. We ONLY hire "A-Team" players and require "A-Team" performance every day.
Requirements (MUST have):
- 3+ Years (plaintiff) personal injury or mass tort paralegal experience
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Able to handle a large docket
- A high level of professionalism and a 'get it done' attitude
- Works well with others
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Spanish
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Candidate must be responsible and highly detail-oriented, and organized
- Provide excellent customer service and communicate with clients throughout their case
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
Requirements (NICE to have):
- Paralegal certification or college program completed
- Experience with the "Needles" case management system
- Experience with medical malpractice and/or nursing home neglect/abuse cases
- Medical records experience
- Mass tort litigation experience
It is doubtful any two days will be exactly the same, but your job duties may include nearly every aspect of the litigation process. Specifically:
- Coordinate with Attorneys & move cases forward
- Regularly communicate with clients regarding their case
- Preparing for and assisting with trials and depositions
- Scheduling hearings with courts
- Preparing and issuing discovery
- Drafting motions and other pleadings
- Preparing state court petitions and federal court complaints
- Coordinate law office activity
- Conducts research to support a legal proceeding
- Must work cases by our checklist