THE REX is seeking a Kitchen Manager to join our team! You will directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
The Kitchen Manager is a full time position at The Rex in Mineola, New York (Long Island). The Rex is looking for a hardworking, people friendly and self-motivated individual with a minimum of 2 to 5 years of Restaurant experience.
Find us Online at THE-REX.com
524 Jericho Turnpike (at Herricks Road next to Panera Bread), Mineola, NY 11501
- Oversee the daily operation of food service staff.
- Monitor quality of products and services produced.
- Adjust daily schedule for shift personnel to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Manage inventory of ingredients and supplies.
- Maintain health standards for raw and finished products.
- Previous experience in food service or other related fields.
- Knowledge of common food safety practices.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
The Restaurant Kitchen Manager is responsible for all kitchen functions including preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness.
Additionally, the Kitchen Manager is responsible for scheduling all kitchen staff and promoting positive morale in the back of the house.
The Kitchen Manager at The Rex will ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards. The Kitchen Manger will ensure adherence to proper food handling and cleaning policies and ensure compliance with all health code regulations and all county, state and federal laws.
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for ordering food from vendors and receiving in the correct unit counts. Additionally, the Kitchen Manager ensures that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition.