The Quality Engineering Intern will obtain relevant and practical work/training experience as it relates to Quality Systems, ISO, root cause analysis of quality problems, internal process audits, and data analysis to identify corrective and preventive action.
- Support new product quality and inspection teams at Rexnord's Canal St. facility in Milwaukee.
- Implement Process PFMEA and control plans.
- Student will work closely with Operations, Manufacturing Engineering team to understand Quality requirements and develop solutions for Quality problems.
- Take ownership/work with functional departments in 5-Why and corrective action process.
- Student may also develop applications specific product enhancements to existing gear drives to meet customer specific requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the drive to complete projects, yet not be afraid to ask questions to ensure quality work. The position will be full time during the summer.
This is a great opportunity for a student to augment their academic training with practical technical and business experience!
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Values Differences - Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Experience and Skill Required
- Self-starter, desire to learn and contribute
Study in a related field (Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering)
Interest in mechanical tools, equipment, and processes (mechanical aptitude/hands on experience a plus)
- Ability to work with a cross functional team
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Ability to manage multiple tasks and organize work efficiently
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Process oriented individual
Must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university studying towards a Bachelor's of Science in an Engineering related field
This is an entry-level position therefore previous engineering experience is not required.
Demonstrated ability to analytically solve problems
Demonstrated leadership experience in classroom and/or extracurricular activities is preferred
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Rexnord is a concentrated multiplatform industrial leader with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Every day approximately 7,000 associates across the globe work to deliver smarter solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Simply put, we advance the efficient use of resources by Solving Smarter.
Our Process & Motion Control platform supplies highly-engineered mechanical and digi-mechanical component solutions for complex production systems where reliability is critical, and the costs of failure or downtime are high.
Competitive Salary & Variable Incentive Compensation Plan (position specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran