The Production Supervisor drives the metrics of safety, quality, delivery, cost, productivity, total associate engagement, and 5S for all Manufacturing. The Production Supervisor is responsible to plan and execute schedules to support customer requirements, lead the implementation and execution of lean work cells to ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a technically qualified work force, and reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements. The Production Supervisor will oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly expectations. The Production Supervisor will be called upon to make sure that the team has the resources, systems, product expertise and processes in place to provide a world class customer experience - and also have the initiative & foresight to drive higher level, long-term improvements toward complete customer loyalty. This position is located in Simi Valley, CA.
- Coordinate and supervise manufacturing activities
- Ensure proper product delivery including escalation and resolution of high exposure items
- Ensure proper scheduling of resources based on capacity demands
- Train and develop personnel in skills, process and procedures required to effectively perform job
- Develop and deploy key performance objectives to employees via Performance Ownership process and Daily Management
- Improve and Maintain SQDC objectives with focus on Customer Satisfaction
- Drive lean (RBS) initiatives throughout the process
- Review methods and tooling for precision machined parts and recommend improvements, implementing improvements with the assistance of the Manufacturing Engineering team
- Manage e-time schedules and approvals for Manufacturing
- Drive safety awareness and improvements
- Supervise production team during 3rd shift hours (10:45pm-7:15am).
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
- Customer Focus
- Directs Work
- Drives Engagement
- Builds Effective Teams
- Manages Ambiguity
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of three years Lead and/or Supervisor experience including work direction and performance management
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve, and meet deadlines and goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools and knowledge of MRP systems a plus
- Experience participating in/leading Kaizen Events focused on process improvements using lean manufacturing techniques
- Ability to work well under pressure, and handle a variety of task simultaneously.
- Effective communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership style and ability to effectively escalate production and personnel issues to get them resolved in a timely fashion
- Ability to promote and foster a Continuous Improvement culture across a large associate team
- Working knowledge of 5S and Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- Working knowledge of OSHA Safety Regulations
- Familiarity with lathes and milling operations a plus
Rexnord is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 8,000 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
Our Process & Motion Control platform designs, manufactures, markets and services highly engineered mechanical components that help customers increase productivity and prevent downtime. Rexnord aerospace products can be found throughout aircraft from the engine to the landing gear. Our Water Management platform offers water solutions that help protect human health and the environment.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing, globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years ago. We make our communities better with individual and organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships and corporate donations.
Rexnord Aerospace supplies high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical components to commercial air transport markets. Our products are engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and airframe structures. Our global customer base includes major engine and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.
- Competitive Salary & Variable Incentive Compensation Plan (position specific)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran