The Mechanical Engineering Intern will obtain relevant and practical work/training experience as it relates to the design, development, analysis, and implementation of technical products, processes, and systems. This is a great opportunity for a student to augment their academic training with practical technical and business experience!
- This position may support a broad range of engineering responsibilities including, but not limited to, development of new products or product line extensions (NPD) including gear drives and related components, improving existing products through Value Add - Value Engineering (VA/VE), and working on Sustaining Engineering activities that include cost reduction projects and providing technical support to various groups throughout the Gear Division including Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Student will work closely with a mentor and the engineering team to support a variety of engineering functions that may include:
- accessory component design and/or conceptual layouts,
- support of gear, bearing, fastener, key or other component calculations,
- support new product design validation through testing and data analysis,
- support the production or checking of engineering documents including drawings, technical manuals, catalogs, dimension sheets, and other engineering records,
- assist shop floor personnel with assembly or bill of material issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Values Differences - Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Experience and Skill Required
Must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university studying towards a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Student should be mechanically inclined and have an interest in mechanical design, development, testing and analysis (demonstrated mechanical aptitude/hands on experience a plus).
Demonstrated ability to analytically solve problems.
Self-starter with desire to learn, contribute to goals and objectives, and meet deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a cross functional team.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and organize work efficiently.
Demonstrated leadership experience in classroom and/or extracurricular activities is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have the drive to complete projects, yet not be afraid to ask questions to ensure quality work. The position will be full time during the summer.
This is an entry-level position therefore previous engineering work experience is not required.
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Rexnord is a concentrated multiplatform industrial leader with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Every day approximately 7,000 associates across the globe work to deliver smarter solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Simply put, we advance the efficient use of resources by Solving Smarter.
Our Process & Motion Control platform supplies highly-engineered mechanical and digi-mechanical component solutions for complex production systems where reliability is critical, and the costs of failure or downtime are high.