An internship at the Rexnord Innovation Center gives students the opportunity to participate in exciting Product Development or Research and Test engineering project activities. Project goals will be aligned to current and future technology initiatives for Rexnord. As an Engineering intern with Rexnord, you will be assigned a mentor who will guide your progress towards completion of specific project goals and expose you to leadership and professional development competencies. Additionally, you will have opportunity to participate in networking activities to connect with your peers and gain exposure to Rexnord culture and leadership. The summer 2020 Rexnord Innovation Center Engineering Internship assignment will be located at our campus in Milwaukee, WI.
- The Engineering and Innovation Intern will have project responsibility on the Advanced Engineering team at the Rexnord Innovation Center in Milwaukee. The intern will support Rexnord's exciting digital strategy through the planning and execution of prioritized product testing and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) research and development projects.
- During this assignment, the intern will utilize information obtained from Rexnord's digitally connected products to develop or strengthen competencies in mechanical & electrical component testing, data acquisition, predictive analytics, and gain exposure to the DiRXN IIoT Technology Platform.
- This internship opportunity will also provide valuable hands-on experience in project management, research, communication, and visual daily management.
- The Intern will be provided with mentorship and coaching by a senior member of the Advanced Engineering team and will engage in additional professional development activities with the Rexnord Innovation Center leadership team.
- The Rexnord Innovation Center intern will develop technical, business, and leadership skills, and will participate in biweekly Engineering Intern team meetings and tour several of the various Milwaukee area Rexnord facilities.
- It is expected that the ideal candidate will have the drive to complete projects, yet not be afraid to ask questions to ensure quality work. The position will be full time during the summer with an option to work part time hours during the school year.
- Ability to instill trust and operate with a high level of integrity
- Focus on customer needs
- Driven to strengthen professional skills
- Action oriented with a bias for delivering results
- Entrepreneurial, Self-motivated, desire to learn and contribute in a stretch goal environment
- Study in a related field (Mechanical, Materials, or Industrial Engineering)
- Interest in mechanical tools, equipment, and processes (mechanical aptitude/hands on experience a plus)
- Ability to work with a cross functional team encompassing engineering, product management, and operations
- Interest and passion for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) focused product solutions
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and organize work efficiently
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Process oriented individual
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Rexnord is a concentrated multiplatform industrial leader with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Every day approximately 7,000 associates across the globe work to deliver smarter solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Simply put, we advance the efficient use of resources by Solving Smarter.
Our Process & Motion Control platform supplies highly-engineered mechanical and digi-mechanical component solutions for complex production systems where reliability is critical, and the costs of failure or downtime are high.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran