- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Location: Construction Innovations Manufacturing - Elder Creek, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Percentage: None
Construction Innovations is seeking mechanically-inclined problem solvers to serve as the Plants Maintenance Technician. This position is responsible for maintaining all manufacturing and supporting equipment and tools, and rapidly providing troubleshooting and repair when necessary in an effort to reduce down time. The successful candidate will be resourceful, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Handle complex maintenance requests that are assigned by the Manager.
- Read and comprehend electrical schematics and drawings.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic breakdowns and correct issues in a timely manner to reduce production down time.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Service, clean, and lubricate tools and equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Inspect tools for defects, perform diagnostic tests on tools to determine functionality, follow the calibration and red tag processes, if necessary.
- Dismantle and reassemble machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Assemble and install new equipment.
- Care and operation of hand tools, drill press, sanders and grinders, band saws, torque wrench, etc.
- Supports the Quality Management System (QMS) by suggesting revisions to existing processes.
- Serve as back up Tool Crib Attendant, as needed, to check tools in an out of the tool crib by use of pre-established process and procedures.
- Maintain 7S standards and support a culture of Safety.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED certification required
- At least three years of general labor, construction, or manufacturing experience required.
- At least two years of building/ facilities, machine, and equipment maintenance experience required
- At least one year of forklift experience required
- Related degree from technical college a plus
- Understanding of hand and power tools, including their operation and function
- Ability to use measurement devices such as micrometer, Vernier caliper, tape measures, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
This position will be working primarily in Manufacturing on the production floor. Environment is fast paced with ever changing priorities. Environment is one of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Regularly required to talk in order to communicate detailed and accurate information.
- Regularly required to hear with or without correction in order to receive and interpret detailed information and instructions.
- Regularly required to stand, bend, kneel, stoop, and crouch, throughout the day, for long and short periods of time.
- Regularly required to walk for long and short distances in order to accomplish job tasks.
- Regularly required to reach: ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) including reaching in front of body, at shoulder level and above head.
- Regularly required to push and pull. Use upper extremities to press against objects with steady force and exerting force in order to draw, haul, tug, or move objects and materials between locations.
- Regularly required to lift, raise objects from lower to higher positions or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
- Regularly required to use fingers and hands in repetitive and non-repetitive motion: twisting, picking, pinching, touching, grasping tools and material equipment and other objects.
- Ability to see with or without correction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to regularly lift or move material up to 50 pounds safely with or without assistance.
- Regularly exposed to environmental conditions: inclement weather, cold, heat, and humidity.
- Frequently exposed to loud noises, vibrations, moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, machines, dust and chemicals.
- May be required to work in narrow aisles and passageways.
This position reports directly to the Facilities & Maintenance Manager.
Career advancement at Construction Innovations is possible with all positions, but is not guaranteed. Advancement could be within the current department or to other departments within the company.
Construction Innovations facilities and offices are located in Sacramento, CA and Mather, CA.
Construction Innovations pays hourly/salary rates commensurate with each employees knowledge, experience and skill level.
Rex Signature Services
AddressRancho Cordova, CA
Get fresh Manufacturing Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.