SYSTEMS ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN LVL 1
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rex Moore - Sierra Nevada - Reno, NV
The Systems Engineering Technician will be responsible for installing and servicing of fire alarm, CCTV, access control and security alarm systems including roughing in electrical boxes, pulling conductors and cables, terminating conductors and cables programming and testing systems. The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, strong computer knowledge and will be detail oriented.
- Be able to plan, task, track, organize and complete paperwork
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with anyone on any size job
- Assemble electrical systems or prototypes, using hand tools or measuring instruments
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, or repair electrical instruments or testing equipment
- Inspect electrical prototypical project work for quality control and assurance
- Identify solutions to on-site technical design problems involving electrical systems equipment
- Collaborate with electrical engineers or other personnel to identify, define or solve developmental problems
- Set up or operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies or systems under simulated operating conditions
- Review existing electrical engineering criteria to identify necessary revisions, deletions or amendments to outdated material
- Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies or systems to correct functional deviations Prepare, review or coordinate ongoing modifications to contract specifications or plans
WORKING CONDITIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Work in restricted areas such as switchgear rooms, manholes, utility tunnels and vaults, crawl spaces and attics.
- Lifting, positioning and fastening objects such as wire, conduit and motors (possibly up to 75 lbs)
- Carrying material and tools from location to location and/or floor to floor (possibly up to 75 lbs)
- Working from A-Frames, extension ladders and scaffolds at various heights (possibly up to 100)
- Crawling under floors and working in attics where space is limited
- Working under hot and cold weather conditions, indoors and outdoors
- Lifting and working with tools and equipment above head
- Wear personal protective equipment; hard hat, safety glasses, boots, long pants and sleeved shirt all suitable for construction work at all times while working, and ear plugs or respirators when required.
- Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach over head.
- Constantly moving on the feet.
- Must be able to make the transition from employee parking area or street into construction work areas and to gain access to all levels of the building, even if the only means of access is by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction but acceptable for use.
- Possess good vision normal or corrected
- 5+ years of Fire/Security Alarm, Access Control and CCTV experience in a construction environment is highly preferred EST 3 Series certification is highly preferred
- California Fire/Life Safety Certification is a MUST
- Must understand AC/DC theory
- Good communication skills, strong computer knowledge and detail oriented
TechnologyView all jobs at Rex Moore