Private Sector Outreach and Partnerships Manager
- Expired: August 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rewiring America is growing rapidly and building partnerships to drive market transformation is a top priority. We urge businesses and cities to do their part in electrifying everything, which includes electrifying their operations, educating their workforce, investing in initiatives that accelerate the transition to an electrified future and using their voices as civic leaders to make that transition a reality that policymakers, opinion leaders and consumers alike embrace.
We are growing our team and seeking an entrepreneurial Private Sector Outreach and Partnerships Manager. This position reports to the Director of Private Sector Outreach and Engagement within the Partnerships and Engagement team.
In this newly-created position, the Private Sector Outreach and Partnerships Manager is principally responsible for driving our private sector outreach, with a particular focus on our CEOs for Electrification coalition and main street (small business) programs. This role will be a critical force behind Rewiring America's electrification movement by inspiring businesses to get on board. They will excel at building broad networks and creating, maintaining and prioritizing a pipeline of potential partners. They will be able to think both strategically and tactically, creatively and practically. Expanding our private sector reach will involve navigating both small and large companies, with an ability to maintain focus on impact and equity. This role will have the opportunity to partner across many teams at Rewiring America, including Research, Policy, and Communications to maximize Rewiring America's growth, impact and reputation with private sector partners.
What You'll do
Complete a variety of outreach and program management activities, including but not limited to:
- Establish ambitious outreach and communication program for recruiting CEOs and main street businesses to Rewiring America's coalitions and platform, ensuring a robust cross-section of business leaders across industries, sectors, and geographies
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with executive teams, developing connection points for them with key stakeholders and leadership inside Rewiring America and across the broader electrification ecosystem
- Attend targeted industry events and conferences to build relationships, advance Rewiring America's brand, and recruit new partners into our coalitions
- Serve as a partner and stakeholder in the development and implementation of coalition and partner programming
- Develop partnerships with external groups, associations and trade groups to best position Rewiring America, maximize our outreach efforts and advance the overall goal of engaging the private sector in electrification
- Collaborate with P&E team members to develop internal tools and processes for expanding, maintaining and prioritizing Rewiring America's outreach pipeline
- Find new channel partnership and growth opportunities for Rewiring America
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Research, Policy, Communications, to provide private sector insights and align goals and workstreams
Who You Are
The incoming Private Sector Outreach and Partnerships Manager will have the following core and preferred qualifications:
- Strong commitment to the mission, policies and goals of Rewiring America.
- Increasing responsibility in Business Development and/or Partnerships capacity, with a proven track record of accomplishments and quantifiable impact.
- Mastery of relationship-building skills with a wide range of diverse internal and external constituencies.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to set ambitious goals and achieve metrics-driven results.
- Comfort traveling and occasional public speaking on behalf of the organization.
- Ability to collaborate with a small and growing team with competing demands; able to execute on a high volume of activity and projects.
- Enjoyment of a highly collaborative work style with the ability to operate as a thought partner to P&E team members, co-founders, other internal teams, and advisors.
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced, scaling organization or company.
- Content knowledge in climate policy and building electrification.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM.
The salary range for this position is $90,000-120,000 commensurate with experience. Rewiring America also offers a very generous and competitive benefits package, including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid vacation, sick time and holidays and access to professional development resources.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, up to 6% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick and volunteer time off.
Commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Rewiring America values diversity in all its forms and is committed to inclusive and transparent recruitment, hiring and promotion processes. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Rewiring America is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Windward Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Windward Fund 's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Windward Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@windwardfund.org.
Get fresh Business Development Partnerships jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.