Hybrid On-Line & In-Person Tutor - Includes Benefits & Bonus Opportunities (Denver)
- Expired: March 21, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Revolution Prep, who has worked with over 1 million students in the past 20 years to raise grades and test scores and build stronger, more confident learners, is looking for Professional Tutors to join our team. Tutors work from home with the ability to earn competitive pay, benefits (including health insurance, life insurance, and 401K), and quarterly bonuses.
About the Role
The Hybrid Tutor role is made up of the following responsibilities for the approximate percent of a tutor’s work schedule:
- Tutor students in a variety of academic and test prep subjects on-line and in-person (80%)
- Communicate with families regarding student progress including making recommendations for student success (10%)
- Participate in ongoing professional development and subject expansion (5%)
- Prepare for sessions using Revolution Prep provided materials (5%)
You would be a great fit for this role if you have:
- An engaging personality that is comfortable meeting and collaborating with families, students, and colleagues
- Previous teaching experience – particularly with high school-aged students
- Expertise in STEM and/or AP academic subjects (AP Physics, AP Computer Science, AP Statistics, AP Calculus, and AP Chemistry) and foreign languages. If you can tutor these subjects, you may be eligible for a higher starting rate.
- A commitment to customer service
- A desire for ongoing professional growth
- A "growth mindset" (unafraid of challenges; adaptable to change; willingness to learn)
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree welcomed
- Experience teaching or tutoring desired but not required
- Ability to comfortably teach all sections of the SAT and ACT test including math concepts through Algebra 2
- Ability to commute to Denver, CO for in-person classes one day a week as needed (commute time will be paid at instruction rate).
- High-speed internet with ability to connect via ethernet cable, as well as a clean, quiet, professional setting for online sessions
- Ability to teach consecutive online tutoring sessions while sitting or standing for extended periods of time, five to six days per week
- Ability to work during peak tutoring hours. Please refer to Prime Time hours listed below.
- Ability to work on the weekends (all full-time Revolution Prep online professional tutors are required to be available for at least 8 hours’ worth of tutoring on Saturdays or Sundays within our prime-time hours)
- Ability to commit to employment and schedule requirements for at least one calendar year from start date
- Authorized to work in the United States (current residence must also be within 25 miles from Denver, CO)
Tutors choose a delivery target between 16 and 40 hours per week and post recommended availability during prime time (see below) in order to reach their target. Benefits (including a salaried option after a positive six-month performance review) are available for tutors with a delivery target of 28 hours per week or higher. The number of hours of availability posted does not necessarily equate to the actual number of paid hours worked but improves your ability to receive new student assignments. Actual hours worked are highly dependent on tutor's proactivity with families, individual subject coverage, quality of instruction, and tutor-selected availability. Hours also fluctuate based on sales volume and seasonality. The bulk of our tutors work anywhere from 20-35+ per week. Weekly availability should be consistent for several months into the future.
School-Year Prime-Time Hours (mid-August through mid-June):
- Sundays: 5 AM-7 PM PST
- Mondays-Thursdays: 12 PM-8 PM PST
- Fridays: 12 PM-4 PM PST
- Saturdays: 5 AM-4 PM PST
Summer Prime-Time Hours (mid-June through mid-August):
- Sundays: 5 AM-7 PM PDT
- Mondays-Thursdays: 6 AM-8 PM PDT
- Fridays: 5 AM-4 PM PDT
- Saturdays: 5 AM-7 PM PDT
Revolution Prep will provide a webcam, headset, and an annotation tablet to support you in providing our standard of quality for online instruction.
To be successful in the online Professional Tutor role, your computer must meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- A Mac/PC desktop or laptop
- Mac users: Mac OS X Snow Leopard (version 10.6) or later
- PC users: Windows 8.1 or later
- High-speed internet with strong and reliable reception/service, provided through an ethernet connection
- 4GB or more of available memory/RAM
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.00 to $30.00 per hour
Background Qualifications to Consider.
Revolution Prep provides tutoring services to students of varying ages. As such, we are committed to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism. Our entire Academic Team and Advising Team are subject to a thorough in-depth background screening process at offer. In addition, we work with several Partner Organizations who may at times require additional background investigation services for Professional Tutors who work within their organization and students. In the event such a situation arises, Revolution Prep may require their Professional Tutors to participate in those stated requirements.
Revolution Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. At Revolution Prep, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills
Applicants should expect a follow-up email from Revolution Prep within 24 hours. Please remember to check your spam folder if you have not received the correspondence.
Related keywords: tutor, education
EducationView all jobs at Revolution Prep
Get fresh Test Prep Tutor jobs daily straight to your inbox!