Quality Assurance Manager (Evergreen)
Revolution Foods Stafford, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
We are always accepting applications for our Quality Assurance Manager positions across the country. Apply today to be considered during our next hiring period!
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
The QA Manager is responsible for managing the Quality Assurance department within a Revolution Foods factory. Ensures maximum food safety and ensures sanitation standards are in full compliance of legislative, company standards, and specifications. The QA Manager is responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining Quality Assurance systems and programs to assure product integrity and compliance with SQF, GMP's, HAACP, company regulatory and customer standards. They also promotes healthy, clean processing standards, documentation, training and employee development. If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for applying knowledge of fresh food quality, systems, processing, controls, packaging and labeling to ensure full compliance in a chilled fresh food environment. Develops good relations with regulatory representatives and responds to needs for technical information and documentation. Provides training and motivation to team members, using recognition, and positive feedback. Gives direction based upon the daily production plan, raw material specs, recipes, and assembly requirements.
- Responsible to ensure department(s) operate at maximum efficiency and demonstrate the highest level of food safety standards. Bring the company's values and management principles alive.
- Responsible to oversee and manage the safe production of fresh food concepts that meet company objectives. Monitor, report and fix raw material and processing deviations to standards.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure best in class
- Responsible for implementation and training GMP’s and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Works closely with the processing team to document product runs, results, timing, proper date codes, samples and trials.
- Responsible to ensure the highest quality standards and good business relations are maintained with customers and governing agency representatives, such as USDA and FDA. This must be done within a strict and ever-changing regulatory framework around the treatment of food.
- Verifies food safety and quality within the operation and from supplier factories from raw material stage to finished product. Verifies texture, visual quality, shelf life, extended shelf life, temperature logs, packing alternatives, etc.
- Trains team members and visitors on GMP’s, sanitation and food security standards required by GMP's, HACCP, CCP’s and QA related SOP's/ SSOP’s.
- Plan, coordinate and motivate team members to meet business objectives.
- Prepare and monitor QA procedures at the site in conjunction with Technical Manager.
- Deliver and implement procedures to maintain proper protocol. Will prepare regular reports and KPI’s to establish daily accomplishments and efforts toward meeting objectives.
- May oversee the launch of new products or trials, gathering and documenting customer and employee feedback. May participate in sensory and test panels, documenting the results.
- Actively coach, train and develop team members to build confidence, implement process control methods, and deliver KPI results. Eliminates daily barriers to support positive results.
- Develops team members to understand processes, methods, controls and systems. Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict. Delegates assignments to Team Leads or team members.
- Will liaise with 3rd party vendors, account representatives, and customers. Maintains the highest level of professionalism and demeanor as a business representative. Handles complaints according to established guidelines.
- Ensures staff enforce rules, adhere to safety, food safety, company policies and procedures. .
- Supports our green waste program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for.
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience actively managing a fresh food Quality Assurance program in a fast-paced food production environment.
- Advanced education or related degree in Food Science, food related technology, safety or management is preferred.
- Certification and training in HACCP, Food Handling/ ServSafe, CCP’s required.
- Experience working with regulatory agency representatives such as USDA, FDA, SQF and BRC certification requirements is required.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
TechnologyView all jobs at Revolution Foods