Guest Service Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dynamic, energetic, and organized individual to act as a receptionist for a fast paced, newly opening Revitalize U Medical Spa & Salon. Revitalize U is a newly opening Med Spa and Salon, partnering with University of Iowa Physicians to create a comprehensive cosmetic experience for our guests. The Guest Service Specialist will provide superior customer service and strengthen the guest experience. We are looking for a positive individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and being part of a team.
The Guest Service Specialist will be a liaison for both medical practice and salon services. This position must be able to speak to cosmetic like services when talking with guests, will be the first face of the practice (on the phone and in-person) and responsible for greeting guests with enthusiasm and making all guests feel welcome. Will also be accountable for making/confirming appointments, triage of calls, checking guests in/out, filing, and chart organization. This position is a customer service role. Must have a professional presentation that is representative of our upscale practice and also be a team player that thrives in a service environment.
- Work with leadership, physicians, stylists, or others in the clinic to enhance guest experience;
- Greet guests and checks them in following established procedures including but not limited to assuring all necessary information is received and entered into record system, obtaining credit card information, informing guests of current or upcoming promotions, directing guests to rooms and/or stylist’s areas;
- Checks guests out following established procedures including but not limited to scheduling follow up appointments, computing bills, collecting payment, and providing guest with necessary paperwork;
- Responds to guest questions either in person or over the phone in a courteous and professional manner; provides information including but not limited to location(s), pricing, and services;
- Ability to up-sell products and services based on guests’ visits;
- Fulfills guests’ needs, ensuring their visit is as pleasurable as possible;
- Resolves guest problems/complaints; utilizes own best judgement in resolving issues or refers to management as needed;
- Answers internal and external phone calls and provides information as needed;
- Makes and confirms appointments for current and future guests following established procedures including but not limited to assuring room/chair availability, obtaining all necessary guest information, obtaining credit card information, assuring guest understands all policies particularly with regard to appointment (i.e.: alcohol and/or cancellation policies);
- Maintains front desk area in a clean and orderly fashion;
- Completes all necessary paperwork; maintains files and records;
- Performs clerical duties as required including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing;
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Customer service: 1 - 3 years
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Proficient on: MS Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Background in health-related field such as Health Information Management or in-depth knowledge of health care systems in order to provide services that support care delivery (e.g., guest relations, clinic operations, etc.)
- Background in cosmetology or aesthetics
- Experience with an electronic health system
- Salon guest services experience
- Evening and weekend availability
Revitalize U Medical Spa and Salon
AddressNorth Liberty, IA
TourismView all jobs at Revitalize U Medical Spa and Salon