Our client delivers healthcare marked by compassion and sustainable excellence in a progressive environment, guided by physicians, delivered by exceptional professionals and inspired by the communities we serve. They are a not-for-profit, community health system comprised of 11 hospitals, 3,000 physicians and nearly 22,000 employees.
The staff nurse provides nursing care to patients from birth through the lifecycle utilizing nursing processes to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care for patients. He/she functions within the framework of the policies and procedures of the organization and demonstrates professional growth and accountability. The staff nurse is responsible for maintaining standards of practice, coordinating patient care activities of all assigned staff in the provision of quality nursing care.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduate of a nursing program.
- Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse or NLC/eNLC Multistate License.
- One year of recent ICU or Neuro nursing experience preferred.
- They will consider a new grad if they did their clinical rotations in a relevant Neuro/acute care setting.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Performs patient assessments to include collection of data regarding the patient’s physical, psychosocial and health history.
- Appropriately evaluates the developmental age of the patient when performing assessments, treatments and patient/family education.
- Organizes patient data into the formulation of a plan of care; identifies additional information needed and makes care decisions based on identified needs. Identifies expected patient outcomes.
- Carries out plan of care to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Provides patient care that is specific to the setting, identified needs and plan; ensures that the care provided is appropriate to the severity of the disease, condition, impairment or disability.
- Oversees activities of ancillary and support team members.
- Identifies teaching opportunities and provides the resources necessary for achieving the educational goals of the patients.
- Communications issues/concerns to the Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager and/or physician as appropriate.
- Documents patient care and concerns in the patient record.
- Associate's Degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Schedule: 12hr shifts (7am-7pm). No on call requirements. Weekend requirements-6 weekend shifts per 6 weeks.