Essential job functions:
Purpose of Position
• Working with Low to Mid-Range office products in a network environment, provide machine network and fax installation; and operator training in a customer’s location. In addition this position may require the individual to:
• Perform the full range of operator level maintenance on products; including repair, on-site troubleshooting, installation, removal, retrofit, software upgrade.
• Take responsibility for customer satisfaction by providing timely and courteous key operator training with minimal support from other personnel.
• Inform Revere management of potential and resolved customer issues. Escalate any and all non-resolved issues to Revere management.
Essential Job Activities
• Demonstrate the product proficiency by successfully completing the installation and operator training criteria.
• Perform mechanical adjustments and software upgrades, troubleshoot to the Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU) level. The CRUs may be electrical, electronic or mechanical in nature and are defined during training.
• Accurately report all activities and time using the prescribed methodology to ensure accurate customer records, internal records, and timely billing for services.
• Communicate with customers the status of their current install/operator training activities and address any other concerns they may have with the product or Revere support services.
• Present a professional image in all interactions and behaviors.
• Timely submission of all Install and Training checklists, Image Overwrite verifications, and Configuration Reports.
Experience & Skills:
• Experience or formal training in Computer Networks, and electronics is preferred.
• Field experience as a Technician or network Analyst working with business technology such as PCs, network connected printers and networked FAX equipment is preferred.
• Functional knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Domains, File Servers and Print Servers is a plus.
• PC skills are mandatory for this position. Skill demonstration required in IE Navigation, File saves and moves, Internet connectivity. Also required is a functional knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (XP, Windows7, Windows8) and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). The position also requires using the PC for data entry, troubleshooting, and web access.
• Certifications: CompTia A+ or CompTia Network+ certifications are preferred. Microsoft, Unix, Novell, Cisco certifications are a plus.
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications
• Have a clean and groomed appearance and adhere to the Revere organization dress code. This is typically for men, button up or golf shirt with collar, dress slacks, dress shoes or street shoes that can be polished. For women, button up blouse with collar and appropriate neckline, dress slacks, dress shoes or street shoes that can be polished.
• Work overtime on an occasional basis.
• Able to work independently and/or on a group with minimal supervision.
• Contractor must agree to comply with all security arrangements as prescribed by the customer.
• Possess good verbal and written skills, and can communicate effectively.
• Must check and respond to text messages and email communications periodically throughout the work day.
• Able to interact with a diverse population (administrative to executive).
• The position requires the ability to lift and /or move thirty (30) pounds.
• Candidates must be able to successfully pass a drug-screening, DMV and background check.
• Contractor is responsible for providing reliable transportation to customer locations
• Contractor must ensure that the vehicle being used is properly licensed and insured at the level required for business use; and the Contractor must possess a valid driver’s license at all times.
• Contractor must be able to perform multiple day assignments, which require overnight hotel stays