- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $21 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Position: Maintenance Technician
Schedule: M-F, 6:00 a.m.- 2:30 p.m., Full Time, Benefit Eligible
The Revenue Authority of Prince George’s County is looking for an enthusiastic individual to perform work that involves assisting in the maintenance and repair of grounds, exterior structures, buildings, related fixtures, and equipment. Work involves a wide variety of unskilled tasks associated with landscaping, painting, general housekeeping and maintaining vehicle fleet. Work is performed under the direction of others. This candidate will work as part of a crew or, at times, be expected to work independently.
The agency is a quasi-governmental entity that serves as a real estate development and development finance agency, an operator of programs and facilities, and a manager of programs and facilities in partnership with other County agencies. Positions are paid directly through the Revenue Authority of Prince George’s County payroll.
- Performs full range of general maintenance work, waste collection and housekeeping, makes pick-up and deliveries and runs errands for the Authority.
- Regularly inspects facilities and equipment including electrical, plumbing, outside drainage, grounds, roofing, fences, light fixtures, igniter switches, ballast and bulbs.
- Assists with all mechanical equipment functions and operations, including HVAC, mechanical systems, electrical, plumbing and landscaping
- Operation and maintenance of light and heavy equipment such as trucks, vans, mowers, and trailers to transport a variety of materials to specific locations
- Assists with snow removal
- Performs general repair and maintenance of concrete forms and finishes for concrete abutments and headwalls
- Repaints guardrails, meter housings and concrete walkways as needed
- Adjusts and repairs to locks, doors, hinges and other hardware
- Cleans, lubricates, adjusts and/or repairs motors, pumps, bearings, pulleys and other power-driven components to mechanical systems
- Performs general carpentry in the alteration and maintenance of floors, roof, stairways, partitions, doors, windows, fences, signs and related items
- Operates numerous hand and power tools and equipment
- Vehicle maintenance and repair
- Advises management of any issue that is or could become a safety hazard
- High school diploma or GED with two years of working experience, which demonstrates the abilities necessary to perform the essential duties.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle driver’s license for at least 5 years; must be able to pass a background investigation conducted by the automobile insurance carrier.
- Willingness to respond to emergency services calls on a 24-hour basis.
- Knowledge of methods, practices, tools, equipment and materials used in a variety of building maintenance, repair and alteration projects.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions and regulations applicable to maintenance work.
- Knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment necessary to perform various building maintenance and repair tasks.
- Ability to perform work inside and outside year-round including work with scaffolding, ladders, and platforms.
- Ability to read and interpret work assigned from sketches and layouts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, public, and other employees.
- Ability to maintain accurate, complete records related to work performed.
- Familiarity with layout of Prince George's County
Why Should You Join Our Team
As a dynamic agency, we understand what it means to have a work culture that is dedicated and flexible to create a work/life balance. The Revenue Authority of Prince George’s County is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to our mission and values, while promoting a sense of belonging and growth with our coworkers.
Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical, Dental, vision, EAP services, and more!
· Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave
· 401K Retirement Savings Plan
· Telework/Hybrid Work for Qualified Positions
· Opportunities for Professional Development
· Friendly Team-oriented Work Environment
If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to apply!
Conditions of Employment
Must undergo background check and drug screen
Eligibility to Work
Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, an employer is required to hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. Selected candidates for employment will be required to show and verify authorization to work in the United States.
Open until filled.
Revenue Authority Prince Georges County
1300 Mercantile Ln. suite 108Largo, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?