Cloud Operation Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Revel Systems is the POS and platform built to help businesses achieve their goals. Improving day-to-day operations and fueling merchant growth, Revel's streamlined ecosystem pairs an intuitive point of sale with powerful management tools, integrating inventory management, employee management, sales reporting, and more into a single platform.
Revel works with businesses of all sizes, from small merchants to global enterprises, that are looking to implement cutting-edge technology that helps increase revenue, improve efficiency, and enhance experiences for employees and customers. Founded in 2010 with headquarters in Atlanta, Revel is a leading member of the Apple Enterprise Mobility Program.
The Revel team is focused on its mission to disrupt and modernize the state of commerce by providing businesses of every size the tools necessary to thrive. Come join a smart, motivated team and work at a leading technology company during the next phase of growth.
The Cloud Operations Team is evolving, and we are looking for a site reliability engineer to join our ranks! Our team is responsible for infrastructure, internal tool development, and helping teams throughout their development journeys. As a site reliability engineer, you will work with internal teams on improving the observability, performance, and reliability of their services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure monitoring alerts to identify outage symptoms
- Debug production issues across different services
- Improve reliability, quality and speed of software development
- Measure and optimize systems performance
- Work with teams to determine and adhere to service level objectives (SLO)
- Develop cloud tools for automation, monitoring and utilization of resources
- Develop and maintain Production Readiness Frameworks
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 2-3 years of experience working as a SysAdmin/SRE/DevOps or similar role background
- One or more scripting languages (Python, Go, Bash)
- Linux administration skills
- Network administration skills
- Familiar with IaC tools (Ansible/Terraform)
- Have experience working with container platforms (ECS, EKS, etc.)
- Good understanding of CI/CD processes
- Experience working with monitoring tools (DataDog, Grafana, etc.)
- Cloud-native development and management experience with AWS (preferred) or other cloud providers
- Excellent understanding of HTTP/HTTPS protocols, optimizations, and microservices
- Teamwork, communication, and attention to detail
- Monitoring: DataDog, CloudWatch
- Automation: Terraform, Ansible
- AWS Services: Lambda, Kinesis, RDS, ECS, EKS, EC2, API Gateway and much more
- Databases: Postgres RDS, dynamoDB, Redshift, Redis
- Source Control CI/CD: GitLab, CircleCI
- Scripting: Python, GO
- We are a product company: we influence product development decisions and create tools for driving foodservice businesses to success.
- We offer a unique cultural environment: supportive leadership, Agile values, feedback culture, recognition of professional accomplishments.
- We care about technology and quality: our tech initiatives are bottom-up, teams organize guilds and cross-site meetups.
- We invest in personal development: knowledge sharing, 10% of working time dedicated to learning, Udemy.
- We work flexible hours: you are in control of your working schedule.
- Work on a team of experienced and highly skilled professionals
- Employee benefits: rich healthcare options, wellness programs, referral bonus, and 401K plan
- Flexible working schedule
- Apple equipment
TechnologyView all jobs at Revel Systems