Client has a need for Civil Construction Manager to oversee multiple concurrent stormwater infrastructure sites local to the Milwaukee, WI area. Starts at the end of April for 1 year or longer.
Serves as an experienced construction manager who reports to the Production Manager on multiple concurrent stormwater infrastructure and site development projects as the primary construction oversight resource.
Reviews schedule updates with regard to general construction logic, potential conflicts, and activities or deliveries falling behind schedule. Evaluates contractor proposals of remedial actions to correct schedule problems. Monitors and reports on progress of work but seeks assistance from B&V professional schedulers on unusual or difficult issues.
• Provides technical interpretation of construction drawings and specification requirements. Leads, or assists the production manager, in the interpretation/clarification process during construction; coordinates responses with project engineer and engineering disciplines; and writes responses for project controls staff.
• Oversees the review, tracking, and distribution of contractor submittals from site, including coordinating with appropriate design disciplines for technical reviews; alerts contractor when necessary submittals are not received ahead of related construction.
• Interprets contract documents for QA/QC.
• Leads in evaluating change requests, claims, and cost proposals from contractor; coordinates responses with the production manager; and prepares change orders. • Monitors and reports on pertinent site conditions when contractor indicates unforeseen subsurface or other changed conditions. Assists with logs and tracks all issues, proposed changes, change orders, and claims.
• Manages the administration of project documentation, records, and reporting onsite.
• Assures that contractor’s as-built records are monitored for accuracy and completeness, collected at end of the project, and forwarded to project engineer.
• Supervises and performs inspections as appropriate; schedules and witnesses field testing performed by others, including testing firms and field acceptance testing. Develops project construction punch lists for substantial and final completion. Coordinates and monitors quality assurance for all aspects and disciplines onsite for the project.
• Documents field observations.
• Serves as onsite liaison to Program Manager and contractor.
• Adheres to safety, quality, and ethical standards, guides, and contractual commitments; and supervises staff compliance.
• Anticipates potential construction issues, such as dimensional or applicability conflicts, and works proactively with all parties to expedite solutions and mitigate any negative impacts to the project.
• Reviews, resolves inaccuracies with contractor, and recommends contractor’s payment requests to Program Manager.
• Assists with coordination of equipment startup operations and may manage these activities when required. Coordinates with project engineer for process startups.
• Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule; tracks and reports on completion of project schedule activities and commodity installation.
• Assists contractors in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety. Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Production Manager
Rev1 is a highly motivated team of professionals committed to professional growth of its team members. We are dedicated to striving for excellence in every facet of day to day business operations. Please visit our website at www.rev1.co to learn more about the team, our clients, and our services.