Vice President, Product
- Posted: 24 days ago
Reusability is on a mission to provide returnable packaging solutions to our customers to improve their bottom line and make a positive impact on our environment. With 20 years of experience and one of the largest reverse logistics networks for tertiary packaging in North America, we're reimagining, reengineering, and reinventing how supply chains work.
We are expanding to new market verticals and helping more companies investigate and make the shift to reusables. Tertiary packaging accounts for 50lbs of waste on average per unit shipped; we are targeting 250M pounds of landfill avoidance by 2027.
We are building an elite team of like-minded people who obsess over customer service, efficient process, and smart technology to drive impact for some of the world's pressing sustainability challenges.
In all we do, our four core values are key to the success of our team:
Act for the Greater Good
Be a Problem Solver
Own the Outcome
Grow as a Team or Die Trying
*This position is fully remote with 10% travel*
ROLE DESCRIPTION: VP, Product
As we grow into new markets, customer-driven innovation of our service offerings is key to success. The VP of Product will build the product development discipline at Reusability.
Establish product development function
Demonstrate best practices and processes of the product development and product management disciplines
Hire, train and manage a team of product managers to support new accounts and to deliver on product roadmap
Lead and incorporate analytics and digital functions into product department and product development processes
- Technical leader with ability to directly contribute to development
- Ability to create and execute against a technical vision for the product to achieve overall business goals
Drive strategic product roadmap and problem solving
Gain a deep understanding of the business—customer value proposition, business model, contracts and KPIs
Create a customer-driven product roadmap and drive continuous improvement, foresee issues and mitigate risks.
Define and drive analytics to improve product performance, adoption, cost reduction and customer satisfaction
Collaborate with finance and strategy to provide financial forecasts and use deep product insight to drive initiatives to improve contribution margin
Collaborate with sales executives to assess new opportunities and design new programs
Own program-level P&L for multi-million-dollar contracts, improving profitability by identifying and delivering revenue- and cost-side improvements.
Own executive-level customer relationships and program governance
Tactfully manage and diffuse difficult situations to ensure alignment and collaborative partnerships.
Prepare material and presentations for senior executives in a way that adds value, is easily understood by others who may not have the same background or expertise.
Concisely present findings and recommendations using qualitative and quantitative data
Support sales executives in communicating new programs and designs to executive decision makers
- A self-starter who makes things happens, enjoys working at pace in a dynamic environment.
- Intellectual curiosity and high level of grit with ability and willingness to learn on the fly, to ask the right questions, drive the right analytics and use data to make decisions and strong recommendations.
- “Hands-on” orientation with an understanding of what it takes to drive real operational change and progress
- Outstanding communication skills both verbally and on paper, with ability to deliver powerful and succinct messages with a diverse range of constituents at all levels of an organization.
- Confident, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a wide variety of job functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years’ work experience
- Experience at a top strategy consulting firm
- Operating experience, logistics experience or Lean Six Sigma is a plus
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Knowledge of dashboarding and business intelligence tools, e.g. PowerBI, Tableau
- Analytics and coding capabilities: Python, R or object-oriented programming experience
- Familiarity with transportation management systems
- We offer medical, dental and vision insurance plans with generous company-paid premium coverage
- Paid holidays, generous PTO, and sick time
- 401K with company match
- Competitive compensation and participation in a company annual incentive plan
- Opportunity for internal career advancement
Reusability is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
AddressEl Segundo, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?