Director of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Returnity currently offers flexible work locations but prefers NY metro area. Otherwise, open to indefinite remote work location on the condition that selected candidate will travel for in person collaboration as needed.
Returnity is looking for a Director of Operations to ensure the company can implement cost and operationally efficient reusable packaging systems and produce the highest quality products, in a timely and cost effective manner. In this newly created position, we are seeking an entrepreneurial and experienced operations/supply chain/manufacturing professional who can help drive our mission through flawless execution. Within your first six months, you will have the opportunity to envision, plan and implement key operational systems that will serve as the foundation for Returnity’s future growth.
Key responsibilities also include:
- Managing manufacturing partner relationships, ensuring adherence to production timelines, budgets and quality levels
- Identifying and managing the integration of technology, cleaning and end-of-life product management partners
- Ensuring compliance and reliability of all materials shipping on a global basis, working closely with freight forwarder
- Developing and managing the company’s budget, understanding costs of goods sold to manage our pricing matrix
- Partnering with the company bookkeeper to ensure timely billing and payments from customers
- Conceiving, developing and implementing electronic management systems for all operational tracking purposes from order intake through delivery. Scope of systems include sales orders, manufacturing documents, production quotes, customer information and other key company resources
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvement in processes, policies and practices and takes initiative to solve/implement solutions
- Qualifying and rigorously vetting new strategic partners while holding current partners to service level agreements
- Bachelors degree in business, operations management, or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in an operations or supply chain role within a manufacturing environment, global experience a plus
- Background or knowledge in lean operations, quality systems, and associated tools and techniques preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others required
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving capabilities needed
- Experience and strong desire to leverage technology to organize, store and present information including Google Docs/MS office, particularly spreadsheets; Adobe Ilustrator a plus
- Ability to create clarity and structure in the face of ambiguity
- Proficiency in Mandarin or Spanish a plus
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Returnity salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Returnity's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Returnity is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Where legally permitted, Returnity requires all individuals attending or working out of Returnity offices or visiting Returnity clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Returnity work conferences and events, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. Returnity will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine
Note to agencies: Returnity does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.
You can find more information us here:
TechCrunch - Returnity picks a fight with single-use packaging
CNBC - Returnity helps Walmart ditch single-use plastics
Winner - Beyond the Bag Challenge
Highlighted - DHL 2021 Trend Research Report
ReturnityWhy Work Here?
Be part of our growing team that is making Single-Use Packaging Extinct - Before We Are
Our mission at Returnity is to enable sustainability by empowering forward-thinking companies to shift to the circular economy. We do this by identifying, building and managing the closed-loop logistics systems needed for reusable packaging integration. At Returnity, we believe single-use packaging is wasteful, expensive, and boring at best. We know we can do better to help companies reduce their global footprint while scaling and still being cost-effective. Sustainability is not just a core value, it is our mission. Returnity is venture-backed, and works with a who’s-who of dynamic companies including Walmart, Estee Lauder, Rent the Runway, Zalando, PayPal and more. Securing our recent Series A funding we are looking to expand and grow our team. You can find more information us here: TechCrunch - Returnity picks a fight with single-use packaging CNBC - Returnity helps Walmart ditch single-use plastics Winner - Beyond the Bag Challenge Highlighted - DHL 2021 Trend Research Report
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Returnity