VP of Finance, B2B SaaS
- Expired: November 05, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
ReturnLogic is on a mission to become the operating system of returns for modern ecommerce retailers. Our Software-as-a-Service platform helps retailers optimize their product returns strategy, improve the customer experience, and drive bottom line growth.
Our team is intrigued by, and inspired to hire, problem solvers who have a core "can do" attitude, a vision of "what can be, instead of what has been" and who want to build on a history of hard work, ethics, and pursuit of excellence in every aspect of their daily work.
We are looking for a VP of Finance to own oversight and completion of all financial reporting, banking relationships, cash management, and risk management processes within ReturnLogic. We are seeking an analytical thinker and effective problem solver with a history of successfully delivering results on multiple priorities. This role will have the mission-critical responsibility of ensuring the financial operations across teams are aligned to a common goal, this includes modeling, reviewing, and approving all team budgets, forecasting economic trends, and managing fiscal policies and guidelines throughout the company.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of GAAP accounting principles, particularly related to SaaS and tech-enabled services revenue models in a growth-focused start-up environment. More specifically we are looking for a candidate who has previous experience in ASC606 revenue recognition space, having this experience will be a key component for success in this role.
This position reports to our CEO and is 100% remote, but our team is primarily in Philadelphia and Austin with co-working opportunities. Some travel will be required up to about 10% to team & company-wide meetings, including quarterly board meetings.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee ReturnLogic's general accounting function, utilize related financial platforms, and have primary responsibility for the preparation of our financial statements ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Develop, implement, and enforce financial controls and guidelines to maximize the protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective and scalable financial planning and analysis (FP&A) capability that will allow for real-time, variance analysis
- Own the budgeting and forecasting balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements
- Manage the cashflow needs of the company and implement solutions that streamline operations and reduce costs
- Provide guidance and feedback on budget operation goals across all teams
- Owns effective financial and operational metrics to provide the Board of Directors with concise information regarding the company's performance
- Oversee and direct audit, tax, and accounting
- Support M&A activities and corporate financing solutions as needed
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support growth
- Manage outside vendors for 409A, banking relationships, venture debt
- Support contract review and various financial related items
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and can work through complex accounting problems, particularly for SaaS companies with a services component
- Experience with ASC606 and an understanding of SaaS revenue recognition guidelines
- Previous experience in an Accounting and Finance role where you wore a multitude of hats
- A deep understanding of major financial statements
- Experience utilizing and implementing financial systems (We currently use Quickbooks)
- Previous experience developing and enforcing financial policies and procedures
- Significant experience in preparing or directing financial statements, financial position forecasts, and annual budgets for a B2B SaaS company
- Experience with audit process
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Experience working with scaling startups
- Experience building out an effective finance team
- Half-Day Fridays
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k plus employer match)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Leave (birthing and non-birthing parents)
- Company Paid Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- $160,000 to $180,000
We're a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. The leadership team is transparent and engages every last employee in the strategy, objectives, targets - and results.
At ReturnLogic we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each team member brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you're a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you'll still consider applying.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh VP Ecommerce Marketing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.