Established in 1982, RetroFit Technologies is a privately-owned, full-service IT Managed Services company providing IT services to small and medium-sized companies as well as schools and local government entities. RetroFit takes responsibility for the support and requirements of our clients’ IT infrastructure and supports these environments using both internal capabilities and management of our strategic partners.
This position requires an experienced solution engineer that will engage and consult with clients and the sales team to perform complex technical solutions. The position requires a team approach with other support engineers and sales professionals. Project management of all engagements is critical. Also, to support Retrofits' solution deliverables as a single-source provider to our clients’ Active Directory environments, Enterprise Software Services, Virtualization, Security, Storage / Wireless solutions and cloud solutions AWS/AZURE …from leading vendors.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Perform client consultation/professional services engagements including, design, configure and implement Windows and VMware based clients’ requirements and goals.
· Create professionally written proposals including, thorough Scope of Work (SOW)and (BOM) Documents.
· Manage all aspects of sub-contractor/partner relationships pertaining to requirements of the engagements.
· Partnering with Sales Team to provide technical support for all customer engagements; thru all steps of the Sales Process.
· Project Manage technical projects from scheduling a project to project deliverables, milestones and other required task to monitor a project results against scope of work.
· to create and design projects to avoid “scope creep" and evaluate profit and loss of each project.
· Prepare design documents and presentations. Clearly describing the design, including rationale for decisions and implications of decisions.
· Deliver high-quality solutions to our clients to ensure their investment is consistent with their business objectives
· Provide post project support to clients as needed
· Contribute to new product assessment process.
· 3-5 years of experience in delivering complex technical solutions in SMB server environment
· must provide past examples of complex deployment skills and written statements of work.
· Hands on experience using Enterprise Server Version (ESX) to support mission-critical application
· Hands on experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), motion, DRS, HA, Virtual Center, Capacity Planner
· Hands on experience with IIS, Exchange 2010/2016 Active Directory.
· Comprehensive understanding of DNS, DHCP, WINS and group policy
· Intimate knowledge and understanding of latest versions of VMware, vSphere.
· Experience in SAN attached clusters required
· Knowledge of performance monitoring/tuning, capacity management and security for VMware clusters
· Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of Systems management and administration with an in-depth understanding of operating systems, including Microsoft Windows.
· Ability to evaluate, and provide recommendations, and implement third party solutions
· Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
· Understanding of the industry, market, customers, competitors, suppliers, partners and capabilities of the business
· Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and management
· Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners, and peers
· Ability to travel within New England as needed
· MCSE or MCITP, Linux or Unix Certification is preferred and VCP certification is a plus
· Project management certification a plus.