Who We Are
Established in 1983, RetroFit Technologies is a privately-owned, full-service IT Managed Services company providing IT Security Solutions, End-User Help Desk, Professional Services and Field Services to small and medium-sized companies, as well as schools and local government.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for a broad scope of client facing operational support including installation, move, add, and change requests in supporting the IT infrastructure of our clients.
This position is also responsible for break/fix, implementation and support of desktop devices, applications, peripherals, network devices, and server platforms.
This is a client/end user facing position. It is important that candidates have the communication skills and experience in working with end-users, including the ability to translate technical ideas in terms that a non-technical user will be able to understand.
Qualifications-The ideal candidate for this position possesses:
• 2 - 4 years formal IT training or 3+ years equivalent experience
• A+ Certification
• Basic Server knowledge
• Advanced PC/desktop knowledge
• Application knowledge (MS Office, Outlook, etc.) is required.
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle
• Candidates must have troubleshooting skills (hardware/software) and Windows workstation and peripheral knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to deliver quality work on time and translate planning into action by following procedures
• Previous experience in a similar position is preferred.
Education: minimum requirement- Associate’s Degree (completed or in process)
100% of time will be spent at client sites working on hardware repairs along with M/A/C and working with clients and end user
Job Type: Full-time