Are you a medical assistant or scribe looking to grow and become an eye technician?
Retina Center is an Ophthalmology practice looking for medical/technical support for our physicians for the purposes of patient evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and continuing care with laboratory protocol. We are looking for people with a medical background and GREAT people skills. We will teach you how to become an eye technician, with our hands on ophthalmic training.
- Gather appropriate patient data to complete patient history and screening forms, which includes the chief complaint, dates, time intensity, and other associated factors.
- Administer dilation drops when appropriate and/or perform necessary testing, such as fundus photography, Fluorescein angiography and/or OCT.
- Direct and accompany patients to appropriate room for care as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain instruments for minor in-office procedures.
- Maintain and implement proper OSHA standards for disposal of all bio-hazardous materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- Strong desire to help and work with patients
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Valid MN driver’s license
- Ability and willingness to travel to all clinic locations in MN
- Certified Medical Assistant
REQUIRED LICENSE or CERTIFICATION:
- Valid Driver’s License