Sr. Mechanical Engineering Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Machina Labs is a Los Angeles-based technology company combining AI and robotics to build the next generation of manufacturing capabilities. Found in 2019 by aerospace, materials, and manufacturing industry veterans driven to solve challenges of conventional manufacturing, Machina integrates cutting-edge artificial intelligence and robotics technologies to enable agile, software-defined factories of the future.
The company's mission is to rapidly unlock manufacturing for all and has commercialized the first robotic sheet metal forming system and service that delivers production-quality parts to the most innovative companies in aerospace, automotive, industrial, and many other industries. Machina has and continues to assemble a world class team of operators, investors, and advisors to make this vision a reality.
As our Sr. Mechanical Engineering Manager your responsibility is to lead a team of Mechanical Engineers in translating our product vision, to build a robotic manufacturing platform. You will oversee our Mechanical Engineering Design team by creating the foundation that will be used for internal designs, PDM deployment, and design releases for manufacturing. You will work closely with multiple multifaceted teams that include software, product development, and production. The role requires someone with a strong background in mechanical system design, manufacturing, CAD, PDM software, and engineering drawing standard implementation.
- Support the Chief Engineer in technical leadership by driving the best practices related to mechanical design, drawing reviews, testing, and final release of products that will ensure best in class technology.
- Responsible for managing and the professional development of our talented Mechanical Engineering team.
- Lead day-to-day management including stand-ups, project prioritization, and design reviews.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and executives to ensure prioritization, team focus on deliverables, and timelines.
- Lead and facilitate the definition and implementation of the future state for mechanical design, tools, and processes.
- Lead proof-of-concept on prototyping projects to solve business or customer identified problems and opportunities.
- Provide engineering design feedback to team members and remove roadblocks.
- Create engineering drawing standards and release process that meet ASME Y14.5.
- Deploy and manage the PDM system and procedures ensuring part files and meta data are accurate and consistent through MRP System.
- Responsible in creating accurate bill of materials for component and assembly level drawings.
- Grow the team by sourcing, hiring, and onboarding talented and passionate mechanical engineers.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or a relevant field.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in Robotics or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years experience as an engineering manager or program manager in a technical environment.
- Academic background and experience in the design of mechanical systems, kinematics, mechanics, material science, and design for manufacturability.
- Data analysis and empirical modeling experience specifically with sensor data and time series.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Get fresh Ai Robotics Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.