Retail Insights, LLC is offering an excellent career opportunity for the experienced candidate proficient in Business Intelligence tools such as Sisense with a strong understanding of Data visualization, ETL processes, Data warehousing, and data management.
As a BI Developer/Analyst at Retail Insights,LLC, your role is to be an expert at understanding Retail Insight's data. We expect you to aid our business teams and customers in drawing insight from our data. You will create dashboards, reports, visualizations, algorithms, and tools to solve interesting business problems for users across the enterprise. If you are a sharp coder; love to build standardized solutions; can identify problems in complex data; know the difference between clear visualizations and confusing ones; like to think of clever ways to solve tricky data problems; and you love working with people, this is a great opportunity for you.
We have been having successful growth year after year and are looking to expand our team. This is a full-time salaried position working on supporting and enhancing our own web-based application and products. Compensation includes a base salary commensurate with experience, 401k, and health insurance plans all while working from the convenience of your home.
We are not able to sponsor international candidates.
Please review the detailed description below and well-qualified candidates may apply with a cover letter, resume with references, and salary requirements.
- Analyze customer requirements and develop proposals of technical solutions
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Execute sophisticated quantitative analyses and advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights
- Analyze data and synthesize raw information into insights, recommendations, dashboards, and reports
- Manage the balance between customer expectations and delivering projects to their original specification
What Should You Have?
- 3 or more years of Experience in ETL, Business Intelligence, analytics and reporting platforms including experience using ETL tools (e.g. Informatica, Datastage, Talend, Pentaho, Ab Initio, etc)
- 2 or more years of experience in a reporting and analysis role with strong quantitative and analytical skills and a proven track record of turning large amounts of multi-faceted data into meaningful information.
- Experience using relational database systems (data warehouse) and optimizing SQL queries. Database experience is required with strong skills in writing advanced SQL functions and procedures.
- Experience with databases including SQL coding across standard commercial databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL etc.)
- Hands-on experience with relational databases, data modeling, and data visualization tools to deliver results
- Expert knowledge of Excel as an advanced modeling tool and PowerPoint for effective presentations.
- Awareness and desire to work with complex data analytics, data products, and technologies.
- Project experience with the proven ability to work on multiple projects concurrently leveraging excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Experience providing business-related/and or technical subject matter expertise on large, highly complex reporting projects and business analytics to support management, multifunctional departments, staff members, and peers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain confidential and complex issues and make recommendations to leadership.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools is required (such as Sisense, Tableau, Cognos).
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs.
- Bachelors Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
What we'd love to see (but isn’t required):
* Experience with Sisense to create impactful reports, visualizations, and interactive dashboards