Youth and Congregational Life Director
Resurrection Lutheran Church Gretna, NE
- Posted: over a month ago
TITLE: Youth and Congregational Life Director
JOB TYPE: Full-time
HOURS: Forty (40) regular and predictable hours, as needed to fulfill position duties.
SUMMARY: The Youth and Congregational Life Director leads the youth group and coordinates programs, fellowship, and service opportunities for Resurrection Lutheran Church (RELC); The Youth and Program Director will have a clear understanding of the vision and mission of RELC and work closely with the Pastor, Church Staff, and the Committee Chairs.
● A faith based in a love of Christ and an active life in worship
● Bachelor degree in Education or Christian Education preferred
● Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Experience working with youth, families and ministry teams in a Christian setting
● Ability to identify issues and recommend solutions while using discretion and maintaining confidentiality
- Lead the Underground Youth Group.
- Develop and facilitate programming for RELC youth that supports the Faith Stepping Stones ministry.
- Provide support and assistance for the Congregational Committees and Ministry teams.
- Spearhead cross functional events and activities.
REPORTS TO: Church Council
- Lead the Underground Youth Group
a) Plan and facilitate Youth Group activities including, but not limited to:
▪ Weekly meetings and devotions
▪ Service and Outreach projects
▪ Summer mission trips
b) Forge strong relationships with youth and parents in support of their engagement and support of youth ministry.
c) Collaborate with Pastor to connect confirmation students with the high school students as a pathway to continued discipleship through the Underground youth group.
- Develop and facilitate programming for RELC youth that supports the Faith Stepping Stones ministry
a) Take lead in developing new youth programming as assigned by the Pastor or Council in the development of disciples at RELC (e.g. Lambs).
b) Collaborate with, and support the Sunday School Superintendent in all aspects of Sunday School programming (e.g. planning, conduct, assessment, adjustments, resourcing).
c) Coordinate with the Pastor, Council Treasurer, and Financial Office Manager for budgeting and funding of programming.
d) Develop relationships with youth and parents in support of growing disciples.
e) Serve as a member of the SEED team.
- Provide support and assistance for the Congregational Committees and Ministry teams in the following areas:
a) Develop relationships across the congregation while identifying personal gifts and linking people to ministry teams. Invite members to fulfill opportunities to serve RELC in various capacities.
b) Develop programs and train leaders to serve in volunteer roles in faith development and education.
c) Stay abreast of church activities, identify dependencies, and provide communication across committees, ministry teams, office staff, and council.
- Spearhead cross functional events and activities
a) Plan and coordinate Vacation Bible School (VBS). Recruit leaders, organize fund raisers, acquire program materials, communicate with members.
b) Assist in the planning, coordination, and communication of other church events and activities as assigned such as service days (e.g. God’s Work Our Hands), fund raising events (e.g. Chili Cook-off), Rally Sunday, etc.
- Follow all Resurrection Policies and Procedures
Resurrection Lutheran ChurchWhy Work Here?
Growing area, lots of opportunities to make a difference in the lives of kids and families.
153 S McKenna AveGretna, NE
GovernmentView all jobs at Resurrection Lutheran Church