Reston Technology Center Reston, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HR Director - Direct Hire
The HR Director for the Company is supported by a HR Generalist. This position requires a diverse background of HR experience. HR Generalist (understands HR laws), Government (previous experience working with a government contracting Company), policy (excellent writing skills) knowledge (ability to recommend actions to senior leadership) Employee Relations (employee investigations), Benefits Administration (knowledge). Specifically, the HR Director supports 100+ employees, the majority of the employees are in the Reston, Virginia office, with five employees located in other states. Responsibilities include recruiting, employee relations, compensation administration, benefits administration, performance management, records administration, short term disability, workers comp, 401K funding and training/development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a minimum of 5-10 years Human Resources experience
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification or SHRM SCP certification
- Solid HR experience in government contracting industry
- Outstanding knowledge in employee relations, employment laws, performance management, recruitment, compensation, policy/procedures development and benefits administration
- Ability to effectively respond to and interact with all levels of organizational staff
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations required
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll software, Word, Excel, Power Point, HRIS (SAP)
- Excellent internet and computer experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (critical)
Essential Job Functions:
- Advises the President and CEO and CFO on all HR related actions
- Manages the day-to-day Human Resource operations for the Company
- Develops, manages and updates HR related policies and procedures
- Advises payroll manager on payroll issues
- Manages company 401K funds accountability and funding each payroll
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding Company benefits
- Manages recruitment process including creating job descriptions, salary surveys, posting positions, sourcing, interviewing, preparing and extending offer letters, conducting reference checks/E verify and tracking pre-employment tests
- Manages Family Medical Leave, Short Term Disability and Workers Comp claims
- Processes personnel status changes including new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations
- Conducts/coordinates training including but not limited to sexual harassment, new hire orientation, performance management, code of conduct and regulatory compliance
- Manages local administration of benefits including problem resolution and communication of changes
- Helps prepare sales compensation policies and guidance
- Manages all executive employment contracts and Company separation agreements
- Prepares vacancy, headcount and turnover metric reports
- Manages the entire Performance Management process and Company bonus structure
- Maintains employee personnel and benefit files
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and report trends
- Ensures compliance with all state/federal employment laws including FMLA, ADA, EEO/AA and FLSA
- Investigates employee related complaints, documents investigations and recommends corrective action
- Ensures HR compliance as a government contractor
- Updates all benefit programs for new and terminating employees
- Prepares reports required by law including compensation, EEO-1, VETS 100 and OSHA incidents
The hiring entity and its affiliated companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
Reston Technology CenterWhy Work Here?
Our client (the hiring entity) is an established global communications company.
Our client is a renowned global communications company supporting the US Federal government