- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Maintenance Tech opening with Reston Surgery Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
Reston Surgery Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Maintenance Tech for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care.Job Summary and Qualifications
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensures proper working order of all routine maintenance needs.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and systems as required.
- Assists in maintaining and repairing H.V.A.C. controls and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels in all environmentally controlled areas.
- Assists in replacing, installing, repairing and testing electrical circuits, equipment, appliances, and lighting systems as required.
- Performs urgent corrective, routine, and requisitioned repairs of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems as required.
- Assists in maintaining emergency generator systems, as required per facility practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the Plant Manager’s role in fire, disaster and safety programs.
- Develops, coordinates, reviews, and implements the Center’s Safety Program.
- Schedules and performs fire and disaster drills in accordance with requirements.
- Uses Personal Protective Equipment as indicated by Center safety guidelines.
- Performs routine safety checks and inspections as required by regulatory guidelines and facility practices.
- Inspects fire extinguishers monthly and assures annual inspection for refill.
- Tests and documents tests of emergency generator.
- The biomedical engineer will perform tests to ensure all new electrical equipment, including equipment that is the surgeon’s personal property, passes electrical safety inspection before it is placed in service.
- Adheres to OSHA guidelines for employee safety.
- Understands responsibility in maintaining appropriate logs, operation manuals, warranty information and capital equipment inventory on all equipment and systems.
- Maintains routine records of all inspections, preventive maintenance, and repairs performed on facility equipment/systems (i.e. warranty information, inventory, contracts, and fire/disaster drills).
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to the Continuous Quality Improvement and Risk Management programs as adopted by the surgery center.
- Disposes of all bio-hazardous waste as per Center guidelines.
- Assists with methods of improvement and policy revisions.
- Maintains and monitors linen par levels – places orders and stocks as appropriate.
- Maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of all equipment and supplies.
- Ensures that all areas are neat and clean – including lobby, lounge, and dressing rooms, as facility practices require.
- Other duties as assigned based on business operational needs.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Minimum (1) year of experience in healthcare maintenance/engineering procedures (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
- Vocational technical training in mechanical repair is preferred.
- BLS may be required as per facility standard.
Reston Surgery Center is a leading healthcare provider in Reston, Virginia. We have provided these services since 2004. Our facility has six large surgical suites, and specialty procedure rooms. We perform a broad range of procedures. Our center is AAAHC accredited. We offer services in gastroenterology, general surgery, gynecology, ophthalmology, oral, orthopedic, otolaryngology, plastics, podiatry and urology. We are a member of Surgery Ventures powered by HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Maintenance Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reston Surgery CenterReston, VA
Get fresh Maintenance Tech jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.