GC R&D Scientist III
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
1. Lead and perform research and evaluation of new and/or existing products, technology and processes and execute independent research plans as assigned.
2. Perform experiments and collect data to support products within assigned area. Develop, prototype, and test new products and/or materials utilizing current analytical methods, techniques and instrumentation as appropriate. Ensure that products and materials are of sufficient quality and quantity to meet production demand.
3. Document all steps, experiments and/or procedures in the development process as required and write experience reports detailing experimental design, results and conclusions. Review documentation for accuracy and completeness. Communicate progress on projects through monthly reports and at staff meetings. Support the development of new product instruction sheets, specifications, and testing parameters as necessary and circulate for review and comment with the appropriate departments. Provide required documentation for the NPD Stage-Gate process.
4. Support the transfer new products to manufacturing and monitor performance so that processes, quality, documentation, and training can be evaluated and validated. .
5. Prepare written articles and/or generate publishable data for use by the marketing and technical service areas, and review literature used to market Restek products. .
6. Prepare and conduct seminars and advanced technical presentations. Support both internal and external technical training and education activities.
7. Participate in continuous learning and education to keep current with industry and grow knowledge and skills in area of work. Demonstrate year on year growth in technical knowledge in assigned area.
8. Practice safe working procedures and follow guidelines specified by the Environmental Health and Safety Department, especially when working in production and laboratory areas. Understand the safe handling of materials and the quality of processes under the domain of the job responsibilities.
9. Follow Restek’s core values.
10. Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related science with at least 10 years laboratory or Master’s Degree with 5 years of experience or a PhD in related science.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Understanding and application of chromatography theory/principles.
- Ability to design, develop and understand new processes and technologies
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers at a higher level of expertise.
- Ability to organize, prepare, and present oral and written communications with limited supervisory oversight. Ability to present departmental metrics as well as any corrective actions.
- Knowledge of chemical safety, composition, structure, & properties, including uses of chemicals.
Restek provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Restek complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. As an employer with an Affirmative Action Program, Restek complies with government regulations, including Affirmative Action responsibilities, where they apply. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
ScienceView all jobs at Restek Corporation