The Operations Supervisor provides daily leadership support to Operations Managers to execute processes and deliver results through training and coaching depot staff, leading site safety program and training new employees at the depot.
Primary Job Accountability:
- Team Leadership: Provide daily coaching, training and support to team to drive high performance. Support Depot managers in daily operations execution including: Inventory, parts orders, materials prep, install and work schedules to meet customer expectations. Provide management support and on-call coverage as needed.
- New employee training: Train new employees and support employee training for level up program. Coordinate training plans and schedules to ensure timely follow up and validate employee's ability to perform all aspect of position through observation and ride-a-longs.
- Site Safety Programs: Provide leadership of site safety program to ensure standards and results for depot are met. Lead communications, training and programs to ensure best practices are implemented and followed. Bring new ideas and participate in broader internal/external programs for continuous improvement.
Education, Requirements & Competencies:
- Operations experience 3+ years
- Achieve Lead/Master level certification in either distribution or service
- Ability to resolve customer service challenges which result in mutual wins
- Ability to motivate others and coach to improve performance
- Ability and experience in planning and prioritizing competing priorities
- Self- aware- knows strengths and opportunities and actively pursues ways to improve
- Possesses Managerial courage to say what needs to be said, address poor performance and lead courageously
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to influence in a positive way
- Carry a minimum of 50 pounds by hand up to several hundred yards by cart
- Unrestricted ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out
- Ability to climb up and down a ladder as high as 20 feet in the air
- Experience in routing, distribution, trucking and warehouse
- Class B CDL with tank endorsement
- Associate degree or equivalent
% of Time Traveling: ~ 10%
Thank you for your interest in a position with Restaurant Technologies. The next step is to submit your application. This process will take an average of 20 minutes to complete. We look forward to connecting with you! Not ready to apply just yet? Please like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to stay connected!
WHO WE ARE
Restaurant Technologies is the leading provider of highly innovative and value-enhancing bulk cooking oil management services to the food service industry. Our solution is environmentally sound, highly efficient and creates a safer, more productive work environment for restaurant personnel.With over 20,000 existing accounts we are an established, profitable mid -sized company poised for double-digit growth in the coming year. We are headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota with a growing number of sites strategically located across the U.S. serving over 42 metropolitan markets.
At Restaurant Technologies, we've cultivated an award winning workplace for driven team members who enjoy a fast pace and rapid growth balanced by a flexible and supportive environment. We've earned recognition as a "Best Place to Work," by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal along with The Minnesota Work Life Champions Award while consistently earning a spot on the list of Minnesota's Fastest Growing Companies. In addition, we've earned numerous awards from our customer base who consider Restaurant Technologies avalued strategic partner.
We serve the leaders in the food service industry which include -McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Albertsons, White Castle, KFC, Carrabba's, Applebee's, Chili's, and leading independent restaurants.