Who are you?
You’re a person who really wants to do good work and be a part of something that has a purpose. You’re starving for the chance to work with colleagues who “get you” in an environment that encourages you to achieve your goals. You want to work for a company where you can finally let your family and friends know you’ve found a career – not just a job.
Who are we? Restaurant Solutions, Inc. (RSI) We’re proud to say that we are the largest independent Hospitality focused Accounting, Financial and Operational Management firm in the USA. We’re led by a complete set of nut jobs where the number one concern is making the lives of our clients’ easier and having as much fun along the way as possible. (In case you’re wondering, restaurant ownership is a rough business). We are headquartered in Littleton, CO in fact; we were voted a Top Workplace by the Denver Post the past 8 years!! RSI is a privately-held company that has consistently grown the last 12 years. Oh yeah, we’re hoping that you have a dog that you’d like to bring to work as we’re a dog friendly environment! Into Yoga or Kickboxing? RSI has an onsite employee gym and yoga facility complete with Kickboxing, Yoga and Boot Camp instructors.
How we’d like you to contribute. We’re looking for you to join us as a member of our Tax Specialists Squad. As a member of the Tax Squad you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our clients’ Payroll, Sales, and various City and State specific taxes are correctly calculated and paid. You’ll eventually progress to working with clients – assisting them with questions they may have regarding their tax payments. In short, if you’re a detail-oriented person who isn’t allergic to numbers or completing tasks - keep on reading.
Day in the life as a member of the Tax Squad
· Process weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual State Withholding and Sales Tax accounts for our national client base
· Research State Tax Laws to ensure we are providing our clients with the most accurate information possible – If you’re a non-fiction book lover this is right up your alley! All facts, no romance novels.
· Execute the calculation and payment of Taxes for your assigned clients
· Continually improve your knowledge regarding best practices for Tax Processing
· Interact with clients in a calming demeanor when they call freaking out after receiving an audit notice. (Everyone receives an audit notice). They’ll go from the worst day to the best day because of you.
Skills that will allow you to be successful and happy as a Tax Specialist
· Be a good person. Have a general desire to help someone out if you feel that what you have is what they need to get through a tough spot.
· Be able to use your outside voice when you need to get your point across. How you feel is important, how you communicate how you feel is equally (if not more) important.
· Gossip sucks – People who gossip don’t mix well in an environment where we need to have confidentiality.
· Teamwork makes the dreamwork – Life as a Tax Specialist requires you to collaborate with your peers.
· We’re not expecting you to beat the record for solving a Rubik’s cube - We do expect you to have problem solving skills backed with a healthy dose of common sense.
· Computer skills – If you need further explanation, you don’t have it.
· Excel – basic formula calculations, copying, spreadsheet creation.
· Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and principles – This helps, but we’re more interested in your ability to learn.
The bonus Round: Here’s the stuff that earns you a higher starting wage
· General knowledge of State Withholding, Sales Tax and Federal/State Tax law
· Three years’ prior experience in tax-related field (Tax preparer, Tax Consultant)
· Three years’ prior Client service experience
· Previous game show winner on any of the following (Price is Right, Let’s Make a Deal, or Shazam)
We offer two alternating work weeks: 8am-6pm Monday thru Thursday (Fridays off) and 8am-5pm Monday thru Thursday and 8am-12pm on Friday.
An excellent benefits package is offered following 60 days of employment. This includes a 4% company match to a 401K, medical insurance with a generous employer contribution, employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance and much more!
Thanks so much for taking the time during your career search to review our Tax Specialist career posting. We’ll look forward to hearing from you soon and if we don’t, we certainly wish you all the best in your search.