Sr. Product Development- Material Science Engineer
Response Technologies, a Bell Owned, Textron Company Coventry, RI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Senior, Product Development- Material Science Engineer is responsible for the creation and execution of cost, schedule, and capability of innovative materials and formularies for future fuel cell design configurations. While encouraging innovation and proposal of new ideas, and should be the filter between new ideas and implementation of these ideas on the Manufacturing floor. They will also lead laboratory testing and technical support to Production and other Engineering organizations during all phases of product development and sustainment.
I. Assign, prioritize, and review material testing in a laboratory setting.
II. Review and approve technical laboratory reports and procedures
III. Serves as a technical interface with Response Technology Program Management, suppliers, Quality, and the Build/Production team
IV. Develop and maintain materials and process specifications and laboratory procedures
V. Manage and develop testing and processing methods for new and existing chemical process and finishing products as required to meet aerospace certification and quality requirements
VI. Define equipment capital plan for the future materials and formulas of fuel cell technology.
VII. Thought Leadership – Lead or facilitate the discussion of what is and isn’t possible on rethinking what materials can or should be used in building fuel cells. Should also have an understanding of the successes and failures in the history of manufacturing methodology and materials/textiles usage experimentation.
VIII. Provide technical guidance on complex chemical process issues and lead corrective actions
· BS Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or other related Engineering discipline
· A successful history of experience with a combination of textiles, foam, plastics, and composites.
· 7+ years of experience in an engineering in an Aerospace or Automation OEM context, specifically in a R&D lab context.
· Experience with aerospace industry materials and processing specifications and regulatory requirements
· Knowledge and experience in chemical processes and controls, such as corrosion protection, surface preparation, conversion coatings, organic coatings, product finishing, sealants, and analysis of composites
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Excellent verbal and written communication styles
Our expertise in material science covers elastomers, plastics, coatings, foams, textiles, fibers, and more. As leaders in our field, Response Technologies is the ideal partner to develop and execute disruptive solutions.
Response Technologies, a Bell Owned, Textron CompanyWhy Work Here?
Join our team, and help save lives!
Response Technologies, a Bell Owned Textron company, is an award-winning scientific enterprise that is dedicated to the design and development of products and technologies that enhance some of the world’s largest industries, including tactical defense, automotive & transportation, aerospace, energy, and more. We combine material technology with research & development capability to achieve the perfect material or process for our clients’ requirements. Our expertise in material science covers elastomers, plastics, coatings, foams, textiles, fibers, and more. As leaders in our field, Response Technologies is the ideal partner to develop and execute disruptive solutions.
537 Main StreetCoventry, RI