Textile Designer - Junior
Who we are:
Response Technologies is a young, Rhode Island-based, award-winning company that is dedicated to the design and development of disruptive products and technologies that enhance some of our world’s largest industries, including: tactical, military, automotive, aerospace, and energy. Our expertise in the material sciences, coupled with Response Technologies’ additive manufacturing and innovative processes, continues to strengthen our position as industry leaders.
Response Technologies has an informal culture that encourages: initiative, integrity, innovation, and ownership. Our company’s start-up culture demands that all team members “check their egos at the door”, be self-starters, possess a sense of humility, and be able to “wear many hats”. If you work best when under pressure, and can proactively take initiative during “lows”, then Response Technologies may be the right home for you.
Response Technologies is seeking a high-energy and experienced Textile Designer and Technologist, with hands-on, practical experience. This key senior level position will accelerate the technical and commercial traction of our core technologies and products. Designing 3D woven and knitted technical and fashion fabric constructions, within an AS9100 continuous improvement quality culture. Some specific tasks include:
- Create and develop 3D technical textile and fashion products
- Operate 3D textile processing equipment for design validation, proof-of-concept, for manufacturability feedback.
- Train and develop, if needed, textile technicians to assume day-to-day responsibilities for processing new textile-based product development products.
- Consult with Quality & Operations for improving manufacturability of new products.
- Research new textile based materials and novel textile processes
- Utilize a design of experiment (DOE) approach to testing and down-selection of materials based on manufacturability and optimized mechanical properties.
- Author material and process specifications for newly developed textile products.
- Write test plans in support of materials testing.
What you bring
- Desire to learn hands-on knowledge of advanced textile materials, products, and processes.
- Educational background in textile design or textile science
- Some exposure to textile woven and knitted design tools.
- Eagerness to learn and explore advanced 3D textile processes
- Eagerness to learn SMART textile embedding materials and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team player, with strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent computer skills-Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 3D Modeling is highly desired
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
Minimum Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a concentration in a relevant Textile Design discipline
- 1-5 years of prior relevant experience is required
- Candidates with advanced degrees and Prior Military Service are encouraged to apply
- Prior hands-on textile processing experience is a strong plus.
Partial List of Benefits (full time employees)
- 401K Plan, with Generous Matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible Hours
- Potential to conduct non-competing freelance work with company's capabilities.