SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK
WHO WE ARE
Response Technologies is a young, Rhode Island -based, award-winning company that is dedicated to the design and development of disruptive products and technologies that enhance some of our world’s largest industries, including: tactical, military, automotive, aerospace, and energy. Our expertise in the material sciences, coupled with Response Technologies’ additive manufacturing and innovative processes, continues to strengthen our position as industry leaders.
Response Technologies has an informal culture that encourages: initiative, integrity, innovation, and ownership. Our company’s start-up culture demands that all team members “check their egos at the door”, be self-starters, possess a sense of humility, and be able to “wear many hats”. If you work best when under pressure, and can proactively take initiative during “lows”, then Response Technologies may be the right home for you.
Response Technologies is seeking someone to fill the role of Shipping and Receiving Clerk. The person in this position will assemble orders and prepare goods for shipment. Their primary responsibilities will be shipping and receiving, material handling, inventory management and record keeping for incoming and outgoing shipments of company products and vendor parts. Some specific tasks include:
● Processes orders coming in from the company’s web store
● Manages all outbound shipments, including preparation of paper work in online shipping platform, management of packaging materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped, and arrangement of pickups
● Performs final production processing such as cleaning, masking, marking, inspection, wrapping, and packing of parts and other tasks as required
● Unpacks and routes incoming shipments
● Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices or other documents, records shortages and rejects damaged goods
● Receives and processes all returns
● Operates pallet jack, hand truck, and powered industrial trucks to move materials and shipments within the warehouse
● Operates crimp tools, stretch wrap banders, and other packaging tools
● Communicates with shipping carriers and schedules pickups for freight shipments
● Performs general housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and shipping room
● Orders shipping supplies as needed
● Perform daily powered industrial truck checklist and maintenance
● Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products.
● Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
WHAT YOU BRING
● High school diploma/GED preferred
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
● Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
● Pulling, packing, and loading
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Effective team player, with strong critical thinking skills
● Excellent computer skills-Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
PARTIAL LIST OF BENEFITS
● Medical Insurance
● 401K Plan, with Generous Matching
● Profit Sharing Plan