Process Engineer Manufacturing
Who we are:
Response Technologies is a young, Rhode Island-based, award-winning company that is dedicated to the design and development of disruptive products and technologies that enhance some of our world’s largest industries, including: tactical, military, automotive, aerospace, and energy. Our expertise in the material sciences, coupled with Response Technologies’ additive manufacturing and innovative processes, continues to strengthen our position as industry leaders.
Response Technologies has an informal culture that encourages: energy, passion, initiative, integrity, innovation, and ownership. Our company’s start-up culture demands that all team members “check their egos at the door”, be self-starters, possess a sense of humility, and relish the opportunity to “wear many hats”. If you work best under pressure, and can proactively take initiative during the occasional “low”, then Response Technologies may be the right home for you.
Response Technologies is seeking a high-energy and experienced Process Engineer, with hands-on, practical experience. This position will accelerate the technical and commercial traction of our core technologies and products. As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing process strategies, managing process resources, optimizing current processes, and maintaining process documents within an AS9100 continuous improvement quality culture. Some specific tasks include:
- Oversee and assess existing processes and workflows.
- Hands-on help create new products on our varied composites, textile, coating, foam, and additive manufacturing technologies.
- Develop routine and best practices to ensure product quality.
- Optimize productivity by designing, implementing and testing new procedures.
- Assemble reports to document process status and changes.
- Track metrics to discover areas for improvement and monitor upgrades.
- Document processing conditions. test results, and other critical-to-quality data
- Communicate findings and proposals to upper management.
- Assess compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
- Create work instructions and other Tier III documents for Quality System.
- Contribute to departmental efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
What you bring
- Working knowledge of: Improving manufacturing processes and processing equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and explore and be hands on with Manufacturing processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team player, with strong critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Establish, Review and monitor KPI's and process data
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
Minimum Educational Requirements
- BS degree in a relevant discipline and 3-5 or more years of hands-on related engineering experience
- MS degree and 2 or more years of hands-on related engineering experience
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and familiar with Lean tools, SMED, Kaizen, etc.
- Candidates with advanced degrees and Prior Military Service, in combination with experience, are encouraged to apply
Partial List of Benefits
- Supplemental Medical Cost Coverage
- 401K Plan, with Generous Matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible Hours
Our expertise in material science covers elastomers, plastics, coatings, foams, textiles, fibers, and more. As leaders in our field, Response Technologies is the ideal partner to develop and execute disruptive solutions.