Senior Materials, Process, and Manufacturing Engineer
Who we are:
Response Technologies is a Rhode Island based, award-winning company that is dedicated to the design and development of disruptive products and technologies that enhance some of our world’s largest industries, including: tactical, military, automotive, aerospace, and energy. Our expertise in the material sciences, coupled with Response Technologies’ additive manufacturing and innovative processes, continues to strengthen our position as industry leaders.
Response Technologies has an informal culture that encourages: initiative, integrity, innovation, and ownership. Our company’s start-up culture demands that all team members “check their egos at the door”, be self-starters, possess a sense of humility, and be able to “wear many hats”. If you work best when under pressure, and can proactively take initiative during “lows”, then Response Technologies may be the right home for you.
Response Technologies is seeking a high-energy and experienced Facilities Manager. This is a key member of our management team, whose success will accelerate the technical and commercial traction of our core technologies and products. Prior experience leading and executing: predictive, preventive, and troubleshooting facilities engineering activities. Experience in: textiles, plastics, composites, fabrication, and additive manufacturing environments is highly desired. This position will also ensure the necessary physical infrastructures exist to support an AS9100 quality system. Some specific tasks include:
- Manage the safe activities and professional development of millwrights and other maintenance and plant engineering functions
- Manage the safe, cost effective, and pragmatic activities of outside contractors. Electric, HVAC, Plumbers, Riggers, etc.
- Drive a culture of urgency and agency
- Collaborate with product development and operations team members, evolving TRL's and MRL's
- Serve as advocate to tenants' facilities needs.
- Serve as a key member of the company's Environmental Excellence team.
- Serve as a key member of the company's 100% Renewable Energy team
- Install TPM solutions, commensurate to risks
What you bring
- Proven record of facilitates engineering and management experience.
- Proven Development & Manufacturing experience in composites
- Experience with technical report writing to outside agencies and stakeholders
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team player, with strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent computer skills: Solidworks, MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
Minimum Educational & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a concentration in a relevant engineering discipline
- 7-10+ years of prior relevant experience is required
- Licensed Electrician, is highly desired
- Candidates with advanced degrees and prior Military Service, in combination with experience, are encouraged to apply
- Lean and Advanced Manufacturing Experience & Certifications are also valued
Partial List of Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- 401K Plan, with Generous Matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
Our expertise in material science covers elastomers, plastics, coatings, foams, textiles, fibers, and more. As leaders in our field, Response Technologies is the ideal partner to develop and execute disruptive solutions.