Director of Innovation
Who we are:
Response Technologies is a young, Rhode Island -based, award-winning company that is dedicated to the design and development of disruptive products and technologies that enhance some of our world’s largest industries, including: tactical, military, automotive, aerospace, and energy. Our expertise in the material sciences, coupled with Response Technologies’ additive manufacturing and innovative processes, continues to strengthen our position as industry leaders.
Response Technologies has an informal culture that encourages: initiative, integrity, innovation, and ownership. Our company’s start-up culture demands that all team members “check their egos at the door”, be self-starters, possess a sense of humility, and be able to “wear many hats”. If you work best when under pressure, and can proactively take initiative during “lows”, then Response Technologies may be the right home for you.
Response Technologies is seeking a high-energy and experienced Product Development Leader. This key senior level position will accelerate the technical and commercial traction of our core technologies and products. Prior experience leading growth and innovation in: textiles, plastics, composites, and additive manufacturing environments is highly desired. This position will also lay the foundation of an AS9100 based quality culture. Some specific tasks include:
- Manage the activities and development of technicians and engineers
- Share ownership of the existing legacy materials and process specifications
- Work directly on the manufacturing shop floor giving “hands on” support to manufacturing engineers and fabricators.
- Develop solutions to non-conformance issues. Consult with Quality on repeat non-conformances, analyze trends, and implement solutions to reduce their frequency.
- Research new materials and manufacturing processes
- Utilize a design of experiment (DOE) approach to testing and down-selection of materials based on manufacturability and optimized mechanical properties.
- Author material and process specifications for new materials.
- Write test plans in support of materials testing.
- Manage and evolve AS9100 Quality System
What you bring
- Conversant with advanced composite materials and processing used in the manufacture of: aerospace, military, and tactical parts
- Proven Development & Manufacturing experience in composites
- Experience with technical report writing
- Experience with thermosetting and thermoforming resins and their characterization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team player, with strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent computer skills-Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- FEA & 3D Modeling is highly desired
- Demonstrable experience interpreting and implementing: military, aerospace, automotive, and other complex standards
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
Minimum Educational & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a concentration in a relevant Engineering / Polymer Science / Chemical Engineering / Materials and Process discipline
- 10 or more years of prior relevant experience is required
- Candidates with advanced degrees and Prior Military Service, are encouraged to apply
- Lean and Advanced Manufacturing Experience & Certifications are also encouraged to apply
- Candidates with Prior grant writing experience are highly encouraged to apply
Partial List of Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- 401K Plan, with Generous Matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
Our expertise in material science covers elastomers, plastics, coatings, foams, textiles, fibers, and more. As leaders in our field, Response Technologies is the ideal partner to develop and execute disruptive solutions.