Who we are:
Response Technologies is a young, Rhode Island-based, award-winning company that is dedicated to the design and development of disruptive products and technologies that enhance some of our world’s largest industries, including: tactical, military, automotive, aerospace, and energy. Our expertise in the material sciences, coupled with Response Technologies’ additive manufacturing and innovative processes, continues to strengthen our position as industry leaders.
Response Technologies has an informal culture that encourages: initiative, integrity, innovation, and ownership. Our company’s start-up culture demands that all team members “check their egos at the door”, be self-starters, possess a sense of humility, and be able to “wear many hats”. If you work best when under pressure, and can proactively take initiative during “lows”, then Response Technologies may be the right home for you.
Response Technologies is seeking a high-energy and experienced Composites Engineer, with hands-on, practical experience. This position will accelerate the technical and commercial traction of our core technologies and products. Designing 3D woven and knitted technical composites, within an AS9100 continuous improvement quality culture. Some specific tasks include:
- Execute trial plans
- Create new products on our varied composites, textile, coating, foam, and additive manufacturing technologies.
- Work directly on 3D textile and composites processing equipment, providing “hands on” support to manufacturing engineers and fabricators.
- Test newly created products
- Test raw materials
- Document processing conditions. test results, and other critical-to-quality data
- Conduct Quality System audits
- Research new composites materials and novel processes
- Create work instructions and other Tier III documents for Quality System
What you bring
- Working knowledge of: composites, textiles, foam, coating, and other processing equipment
- Working knowledge of materials testing equipment
- Eagerness to learn and explore advanced 3D composites, textile processes, and other Additive Manufacturing processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team player, with strong critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to create and read 3D Modeling is highly desired
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
Minimum Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution, with a concentration in a relevant materials science discipline
- 7-10+ years of prior relevant experience is required
- Candidates with advanced degrees and Prior Military Service, in combination with experience, are encouraged to apply
- Prior hands-on composite processing experience is a must.
Partial List of Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- 401K Plan, with Generous Matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible Hours
Our expertise in material science covers elastomers, plastics, coatings, foams, textiles, fibers, and more. As leaders in our field, Response Technologies is the ideal partner to develop and execute disruptive solutions.