Director of Facilities Management
Middletown, New Jersey
Resourcing Group is working in partnership with a not for profit organization, who provides services that includes Senior Living Facilities, Acute Care, Neuroscience and Maternity Health among other services.
We are recruiting a Director of Facilities Management to hold responsibility for the management team and staff, coordinating all activities within the Building Services Department whilst operationalizing the department service objectives. We are seeking a Director to motivate, coach and reward the department, ensuring full compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Hold responsibility for the Quality Control Program, monitoring departmental operations and recommend changes where necessary to optimize quality of services.
- Plan and control the department activities consistent manner, in-line with departmental goals.
- Assign work and supervise staff.
- Maintains flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of assigned workload and adherence to standards of quality control.
- Review and evaluate existing company methods, systems, practices and procedures.
- Acts as a technical resource to staff and resolves problems or refers to the department head as appropriate.
- Implement any new or modified methods, systems, practices and procedures.
- Hold regular staff meetings to keep employees up to date on any changes or relevant issues.
- Monitor employee work to ensure performance standards are maintained.
- Maintain working knowledge of all mechanical, electrical and auxiliary functions.
- Inspect any completed work to ensure finished product complies with quality standards.
- Oversee the follow up with departments to ensure work orders are completed in required timescales.
- Monitor and coordinate preventative maintenance and building repair and improvement projects, including any construction projects performed by vendors/contractors.
- Inspect completed work by vendors to ensure project is completed to specifications.
- Negotiate with vendors for preferred agreements.
- Write specifications for corrective maintenance and construction/renovation projects.
- Respond immediately to drills and emergencies, demonstrate knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Prepare and maintain department records in compliance with JCAHO and Department of Health Standards and local authorities.
Qualifications & Experience;
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance management experience, preferably within a health care institution.
- Knowledge of construction project management.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and transmit detailed instructions in writing and verbally. Hold thorough knowledge of building trades (carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and mechanical) required.
- Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.