Part-Time Certified Peer Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
*Are you ready to make a positive impact in the community? Are you ready to partner with a compassionate team of individuals?
RHD's Coming Home is looking for a Full-time Certified Peer Specialist to join our Team!
The mission of Resources for Human Development (RHD) is to provide caring, effective and innovative services that empower people of all abilities as they build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities. RHD's multi-faceted programs serve people with a variety of challenges that include intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illness, substance abuse and homelessness.
How You Can Make a Real Impact:
The Certified Peer Support Specialist will work with individuals receiving service to ensure that their health, safety, skill building, community inclusion and coordination of service needs are being met. The Coming Home Program puts emphasizes on assessing individuals and supporting skill building and linkage to community resources so that individuals are able to obtain and maintain permanent housing in the community of their choice. The CCBH Certified Peer Support Specialist reports to the Site Supervisor and/or Assistant Program Director.
What We Offer You:
- Commitment to maintaining a values-based and trauma-informed environment for all
- Scholarship program and tuition discounts at local and online colleges and universities
- Comprehensive health care coverage including medical, eye, and dental for qualifying staff
- Retirement savings plan
- Generous paid time off
- On-the-job training
- Employee Assistant Program
- Student loan forgiveness program
- Discounted Tuition with College & University Partnerships!
* RHD's CCBH is located about 1.5 hours away from Raleigh; applicants located in or near Fayetteville preferred.*
Apply Today to join our Amazing Team!!
- Build a rapport with individuals
- Provide person centered services
- Help individuals establish goals based on strengths, needs and preferences
- Assist client in determining housing needs/plan, completing housing applications and applying for all available subsidies
- Advocate with prospective landlords as needed
- Coordinate with the local Housing Authority for resident placement
Home Visits/Client Follow-up
- Encourage individuals to assume an active role in their care
- Provide guidance with execution of personalized housing plan
- Assist individuals with navigating community (riding the bus, accessing grocery store, health and safety)
- Teach/model skills to maintain permanent housing
- Practice active listening
Maintain Client Records
- Document case management activities in electronic health record system.
- Maintain accurate documentation of services provided.
Minimum of 1 year of experience working in mental health, substance abuse field, and/or working with homeless populations
High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor's Degree in Human Services Field Preferred
Must be a North Carolina Certified Peer Support Specialist
Must have valid NC driver's license, registration and insurance
RHD, in partnership with Alliance Health, has collaborated with the Durham County Housing Authority, the Durham Local Reentry Council, and the Durham Criminal Justice Resource Center to create the Coming Home Program. Coming Home is a permanent supportive housing program for consumers who have behavioral health and/or mental health barriers, are involved with the justice system and homeless and/or unsheltered. RHD assists program participants in finding their own living space and signing their own lease for permanent long-term housing. The goal of the program is for RHD to provide intensive case management services and assist consumers in obtaining stable, long-term, independent housing and thereby accomplish three objectives.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.
Resources For Human Development, Inc.
EducationView all jobs at Resources For Human Development, Inc.