Swiss and Screw Machinist
ResourceMFG Moorpark, CA
- Expired: May 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
ResourceMFG has a great opportunity for a Swiss/Crew Machinist within a aerospace manufacture in Moorpark, CA.
Pay: DOE (competitive with industry)
Hours: 7am – 3:30pm (plus overtime)
Schedule: Monday – Friday (weekends when needed)
Direct hire or performance to hire (depending on candidate)
Citizen Swiss/Screw Machinist
The position is responsible for fabricating precision-machined parts by setting up and operating CNC machining center, CNC lathe, Swiss Screw Machine, or manual mill and lathe per work orders, routers, & blueprints. Parts are smaller in size, 12” max. Most runs are short, 10 to 500 pieces.
- Ability to evaluate blue print or work instruction and develop machining strategy (manual lathe/ mill, CNC)
- Identify tooling to machine hardware.
- Create work holders or fixturing used to machine hardware on CNC or manual mill/ lathes.
- Running first piece machine set-up ready for inspection.
- Verifying parts by using precision measuring equipment.
- Changing tools and offsets based in cutting conditions when running CNC.
- Using proper methodology and cutting tools to produce quality parts that adhere to production and quality standards.
- Using proper feeds, speeds, and other cutting parameters based on work piece material such as aluminum, steel, stainless steel, titanium, etc.
- Revising programs as needed based on engineering or production required changes.
- Participating in troubleshooting on CNC programming and production related issues on the shop floor.
- Be able to machine prototype hardware 1 off and/or production runs.
- Other similar or related duties as required.
- Deburr parts when necessary.
Why choose ResourceMFG?
Because we are the nation’s first and largest manufacturing focused company, it’s all we do! We work hard for you by fighting for good pay and ensuring a safe work environment. We want to be your advocate and your stepping stone to a career in manufacturing!
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
- 7 years minimum experience in CNC operation with setup experience.
- 5 years minimum experience running manual machines mills and lathes with little to no supervision:
- ESPRIT programming software experience a plus.
- General knowledge of GD&T, blueprint reading and inspection tools
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to communicate technical instructions with engineering department.
- Work with little or no supervision, previous lead experience a plus.
- Minimum High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate with others effectively in both written and verbal fashion.
- Must be able to meet all ITAR and BATFE background requirements
ManufacturingView all jobs at ResourceMFG