Machine Operator needed 2nd and weekend shifts available.
$15.00 dollars an hour
2nd shift M-Th 4:15pm -2:45am
Weekend F-Sun 6:00am - 6:30pm
Entry level sheet metal fabrication. Fabricates sheet metal parts using one or all the following types of machines: brakes, shears, notches and turret punching machines. Performs some types of operations including set-up and machine operation.
Operates most sheet metal machines such as brakes, shears, notches and turret punching machines.
- Receives work orders and prints, and use shop calculations/math if necessary. Works from complex drawings, prints, templates and specifications.
- Use a variety of machines, hand tools, and measuring instruments to cut and form pieces to required dimensions.
- Performs highly diversified work involving close tolerances with a basic understanding of blank sizes and bend allowances. Uses precision measuring instruments to check for accuracy.
- Monitors machines at all times for proper operation.
- Works with close supervision in coordination with other team members and other departments in the company
- Maintains regular and timely attendance.
- Notifies supervisor when sheet metal materials are not available in department storage.
- Continuous learning with regard to machine knowledge and ability in order to gain skills and proficiency in basic machine operation.