2nd Shift CNC Machinist (93021)
ResourceMFG Moorpark, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
ResourceMFG has a great opportunity for a 2nd shift Machinist within a aerospace manufacturing corporation in Moorpark, CA.
Pay: $25.00 - $34.00 DOE
Hours: 3:30pm - 12am
Fulltime / Direct hire opportunity!
The position is responsible for fabricating precision-machined parts by setting up and operating CNC machining center or lathe per work orders, routers, & blueprints. Parts are smaller in size. Most runs are short, 10 to 500 pieces.
- Ability to evaluate blue print and develop machining strategy
- Identify tooling to machine hardware.
- Create work holders used to machine hardware.
- Running first piece machine set-up ready for inspection.
- Verifying parts by using precision measuring equipment.
- Changing tools and offsets based in cutting conditions when running CNC.
- Using proper methodology and cutting tools to produce quality parts that adhere to production and quality standards.
- Set-up multiple spindle lathes with live tooling.
- Set-up 5 axis mills through 1st part machine set-up.
- Using proper feeds, speeds, and other cutting parameters based on work piece material such as aluminum, steel, stainless steel, titanium, etc.
- Revising programs as needed based on engineering or production required changes.
- Participating in troubleshooting on CNC programming and production related issues on the shop floor.
- Be able to machine prototype hardware 1 off and/or production runs.
- Other similar or related duties as required.
- Deburr parts when necessary.
• 401K, Competitive medical/dental/vision, 2 weeks paid PTO, sick time and overtime offered.
Why choose ResourceMFG?
Because we are the nation’s first and largest manufacturing focused company, it’s all we do! We work hard for you by fighting for good pay and ensuring a safe work environment. We want to be your advocate and your stepping stone to a career in manufacturing!
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
- 5 years minimum experience with multi axis CNC lathes and Mills.
- Machine setup for complex hardware experience.
- 5 years minimum experience running manual machines mills and lathes with little to no supervision a plus:
- Experience machining material titanium, stainless, aluminum, plastics and other aerospace materials.
- Experience operating CNC swiss type (screw machine) a plus.
- ESPRIT, Master Cam programming software experience a plus.
- Knowledge of GD&T, blueprint reading and inspection tools
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to communicate technical instructions with engineering department.
- Work with little or no supervision, previous lead experience a plus.
- Minimum High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate with others effectively in both written and verbal fashion.