Our Client has a permanent position for an Sr. accountant of SEC reporting and technical accounting.
They offer: Great work life balance, remote work, flexible work schedule, salary between $85- $110K with bonuses on top, full benefits.
This is a fortune 500 company that has a great career path.
· Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements along with all accompanying footnotes and seek opportunities to standardize and automate processes to gain efficiencies, including preparing, distributing, and reviewing any financial reporting packages necessary to achieve complete and accurate financial reporting.
· Ensure that financial statements adhere to GAAP and SEC requirements, in addition to meeting all the related required disclosures.
· Prepare GAAP and SEC checklists quarterly/annually.
· Assist in preparation of financial statement schedules for use as footnote support, including, but not limited to, noncontrolling interest roll-forwards, equity method investment roll-forwards, inventory, property, plant and equipment, goodwill and intangibles.
· Preparation of SAP journal entries for accounts such as, US property and casualty reserves, worker’s compensation, incentive compensation, pension and other postemployment benefits, restructuring activities, and US medical.
· Conducts accounting technical research and writes technical position memos/white papers for accounting and disclosure matters.
· Assist with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and related procedures.
· Assist with the annual external audit and serve as a liaison between the Company and external auditors to resolve accounting and reporting issues.
· Assist with the internal audits and SOX control validation processes to resolve accounting and reporting issues.
· Perform analytical reviews of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
· Provides U.S. GAAP support to the Divisional and Corporate Finance leaders.
· Participate in the coordination with external specialists (i.e. valuation specialists, actuaries, etc.) on critical accounting estimates and related assumptions, along with control documentation over the review of inputs to financial models.
· Review reports from external specialist and documentation of review procedures over data for internal controls documentation.
· Update process documents and narratives for internal controls documentation.
· Maintenance of the SOX 404 documentation and related testing for the financial reporting cycle and other cycles within area of responsibility (such as goodwill and indefinite-lived intangible assets, noncontrolling interests, equity method investments, incentive compensation, pension and OPEB, insurance reserves, etc.).
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA is preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Experience in public accounting and/or industry with progressive increase in responsibility.
· Big 4 Public Accounting Firm experience working with multinational publicly traded companies, preferably in the automotive manufacturing (OEM supplier) or aftermarket industry.
· Strong technical accounting background in US GAAP.
· Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
· Team-oriented and able to perform tasks where time management is key.
· Significant capability, drive and initiative to create and manage own work agenda
· A high degree of computer literacy, experience with ERP systems (e.g. SAP) required and consolidation systems experience preferred (e.g. Hyperion or One Stream).
Resource Search IncOne of the best places to work in the Detroit area. A great quality of life.