The proposal specialist is responsible for the sourcing and estimating of strategic projects and accounts for the West Region of an environmental services company. This position is to grow the project backlog, increase revenue, increase the size and duration of lump-sum projects resulting in increased margins/profits.
This position can be remote within the Western Region of the U.S.
- Will work closely with GMs and business development in the identification of clients, client meetings follow-ups through project completion and go/no go decisions, and market positioning.
- Responsible for the quality control, oversight, and involvement of estimating within the guidelines set in order to achieve the desired margins for larger-scale lump sum projects.
- Will assist with preparing and directing contractual proposals for clients and projects.
- Conducts bid review sessions region-wide to coordinate progress and strategy.
- Will review estimates and work plans of other members as needed to help train and direct them in the correct estimating guidelines and strategy.
- Must meet deadlines on submittals while juggling priorities and multi-tasking.
- Bachelors' degree in related field preferred.
- Coursework in technical writing and graphic design required.
- The qualified candidate will generally have at least five years of experience in work management or administrative records.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the environmental contracting business.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Access, Illustrator, Photoshop, and other drawing programs are essential.
- Outstanding organizational skills a must.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to motivate, guide, and facilitate cooperation with busy or reluctant managers.
- A high degree of creativity, independence, experience, judgment, diligence, and latitude is expected to complete goals.
- Must be comfortable working from task level to program level and under varying degrees of supervision.
Resource Management Solutions