A global construction & engineering firm is seeking an experienced environmental technician to join their team in the San Francisco bay area, supporting various environmental remediation projects. The role will be responsible for the collection of samples for environmental analysis, as well as performing routine checks on remediation system equipment. The successful candidate will e enthusiastic, flexible, personable, detail-oriented, and possesses a desire to be a part of a growing, high-performing team.
The position requires significant if not full-time fieldwork and associated travel throughout the year. Some weekend work and occasional extended travel may be required. A valid driver's license and a good driving record are required.
- Perform various types of fieldwork associated with environmental projects.
- Responsible for collecting samples from groundwater and vapor extraction system according to client/permit/engineering program requirements, including samples such as:
- Landfill gas samples
- Soil samples
- Soil-vapor samples
- Groundwater samples
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly groundwater compliance, investigations and summary reports, boring logs, cross-sections, and groundwater contour maps in accordance with EPA and state guidelines
- Interpret and technically report upon geological field data
- Perform general subcontractor oversight, including self-performing of field activities related to the operations and maintenance to remediation system operations (piping repairs, pump maintenance, troubleshooting, etc.) when applicable.
- Have a strong work ethic and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess hands-on mechanical and construction experience and aptitude.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry a 50-pound load.
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of extensive remedial Operation & Maintenance experience in the environmental industry; 5+ years is preferred.
- Must have at least three years of prior experience with site investigation and remediation of indoor air, soil, groundwater, drinking water, and free-phase product for clients with technical/regulatory issues
- Prior experience in the collection and preparation of soil, soil gas, indoor air, surficial, and residential water samples, including groundwater for laboratory analysis is required.
- Proven ability through successful past performance to monitor, and sample, aquifer characteristic testing (via pump and slug tests), land surveying, sinkhole investigations, emergency spill response services, environmental drilling activities, and soil vapor point installation and associated sampling
Education & Certifications:
- A 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate (with an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course certification) is required.
- Qualified Stormwater Practitioners (QSP) certificate desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geoscience or another closely related field preferred.
Resource Management SolutionsResource Management Solutions (RMS) provides niche recruiting and placement services in the A/E/C and IT fields throughout the United States. With a specific recruiting focus within the construction and engineering industries, RMS is able to call on their professional network and link it with the employment needs of our clients. RMS relies heavily on the collaboration of its industry professionals and technical recruiters to build strong relationships that yield the best professional matches in the industry. RMS is proud to be an SDVOSB certified small business, a CPUC certified Minority-Owned Business (MBE), a CUPC certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), and a County of Los Angeles Local Business Enterprise (LBE).