General Maintenance Technician works under the supervision of Engineering, who makes initial assignments of duties and who issues oral or written instructions on new or special assignments or when difficulties arise. Also works from preventative maintenance program plans, work orders, emergency calls, layout sketches, blueprints, drawings, work schedules and similar guidelines. Selects tools and materials and carries assignments through to completion. Work is subject to spot checks during progress and upon completion for compliance with instructions and workmanship that meet acceptable standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
All General Maintenance Technicians:
1. Serve as plant maintenance worker, and perform skilled and unskilled tasks in the maintenance and/or repair of buildings, grounds, equipment and machinery on a scheduled basis or in response to work orders or emergency calls to determine nature and extent of maintenance, repairs or alterations required.
2. Makes recommendations to Factory Maintenance Planner,Maintenance Supervisor, or other supervi¬sor as to the need for, timing and extent of maintenance and repairs.
3. Performs needed repairs or maintenance in accordance with blueprints, manuals, building codes or other accepted quality work practices.
4. Dismantles machines or equipment to gain access to defective parts, and repairs or replaces.
5. Cleans and lubricates equipment when necessary.
6. Duties also include, but are not limited to, replacing light bulbs or fluorescent tubes, electrical fuses, lighting switches or repairing of electrical wiring; painting of walls, floors, woodwork and cleaning of plugged drains.
7. During winter months, is responsible for the clearing of snow as needed to provide access to buildings and parking.
8. Monitor and repair of building systems to include: electric, HVAC, refrigeration, air, steam, water, hydraulic and chemical systems.
9. Assists in the continual development of the record keeping system to log servicing of equipment, repairs, etc. Is responsi¬ble for on going neat and accurate maintenance of same.
10. Assists in training other maintenance personnel as required.
11. Helps maintain the upkeep of the maintenance room.
12. Required to attend school and classes as needed to stay current with any new or emerging technology; as well as to hone skills in the general maintenance of equipment or building, safety, sanitation, etc.
13. Can be assigned to any of our facilities in order to perform maintenance as necessary.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
15. Performs all job duties in accordance with the company’s safety guidelines.
16. Perform job rotations during scheduled workday depending on production needs.
17. Assure regular and timely attendance per company guidelines.
May need to be assigned to work in production/packaging to support business need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above the performance standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education or GED preferred, and/or Technical Maintenance Education.
Who is EmployBridge?
We have an entire family of specialty staffing companies that include: ResourceMFG, Select Staffing, ProLogistix, ProDrivers, Staffing Solutions, Employment Plus, Resource Accounting, Personnel One, MedicalSolutions, RemX Specialty Staffing, Westaff, and Remedy Intelligent Staffing.
We are growing and always searching for potential team members who share our values, want to make a difference, and thrive in challenging environments. We have built a work environment that is team oriented, financially rewarding, innovative and fun. We consistently promote from within and offer career paths that keep our employees engaged. Opportunities are local and nationwide!
What do we value?
There are five fundamental values upon which EmployBridge operates- Honesty, Integrity, Maturity, Family First, and Passion. At EmployBridge, we don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
What do we offer?
EmployBridge offers a competitive benefits package, which includes: comprehensive Health coverage including Medical/Dental/Vision and prescription drug benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays, flexible spending accounts, and a wellness program.