At Pamco Label, a Resource Label Group company we are a manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels. As a company, we pride ourselves on embracing quality, safety and customer service. We believe are talented employees are the leading factor behind our competitive advantage within the commercial label space.Utilizing state-of-the-art flexographic and digital printing technology we partner with our customers in addressing their toughest application challenges – from concept and design, through print production and label application within any of our 20 sites nationwide.
We are currently recruiting for a talented Graphic Artist for our Des Plaines, IL location. The Graphic Artist participates in pre-press activities and the process of preparing digital art for printing.
Production Artist Additional Responsibilities:
- Creating separations, remapping of colors to proper separations, trapping, overprinting, knock-outs, imposition, bleeding and/or color correction, which require making independent decisions regarding line screen and compensation curves using given parameters.
- Utilizing knowledge and understanding of the pre-press and printing capabilities of equipment, determines style, technique, and medium best suited to produce desired effects
- Works closely with pre-press and press department personnel to ensure that graphic designs can be produced on existing equipment.
- Formulates concept and renders graphic designs and prepress using Mac-based graphics applications including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photo Shop, Quark XPress, Adobe InDesign, and ArtPro.
- Discusses graphics at various stages of completion and makes changes as necessary to ensure designs meet customer requirements and approval.
- Develop Proof – preparing a preview of art for the customer illustrating how the final art product will appear
- Complete Preflight activities – the process of reviewing digital files to insure the print readiness of the file.
- Studies layouts, sketches of proposed graphics, and related materials to become familiar with assignment.
- Designs graphic material and lettering to be used for title, background, screen advertising, commercial logo, and other visual layouts for use in producing printed labels.
- Selects type, draws lettering, lays out material, or performs related duties.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects with limited deadlines.
- 2+ years of related experience, ideally in the printing or packaging industry
- Variable Data, is a plus
- BA in a related field
· Competitive Medical ,Dental & coverage
· 401-K with company match
· Paid time off along with company paid holidays
· Short term & long term disability along with life insurance
· Onsite training and growth potential