Program Associate I - Energy Efficiency
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Resource Innovations is currently seeking a highly-motivated full-time Energy Efficiency Program Associate to support the energy efficiency implementation team in Arizona, primarily in greater Phoenix area.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated interest in energy efficiency and sustainability with the right mix of organizational skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills to support RIs outreach team in implementing the SRP Business Solutions energy efficiency programs. In this role, youll be supporting trade allies such as contractors and distributors along with the utility customers in understanding participation requirements and assisting with the application process. Specific responsibilities include: becoming well-versed in the program offerings, making and fielding phone calls, responding to inquiries, following up with participants, reviewing project plans and requesting required documentation. In some cases, this candidate may be asked to attend meetings and perform on-site inspections of customer facilities to verify installation and inspect equipment.
An understanding of commercial building systems (especially lighting, HVAC/mechanical systems & refrigeration) along with equipment and construction practices is needed for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reliable and responsive customer service.
- Work closely with trade allies to maximize their participation, which include but are not limited to contractors, engineering firms, architects, energy service companies, developers, distributors, manufacturers & property managers.
- Assist trade allies and utility customers by educating them about the submission process, answering program questions, reviewing project plans, assisting in the rebate application process and helping select appropriate energy efficiency equipment that qualify for rebates.
- Support SRPs account managers and the utility customers with the application process and program guidelines.
- Conduct site inspections to verify installation and operation of equipment which may include scaling ladders and walking on roofs.
- Recruit and assist trade allies in joining the utilitys trade ally network and help them participate frequently.
- Earn and maintain trade ally, customer and client trust and continually build relationships.
- Proactively screen and manage incoming projects to ensure project integrity and documented compliance with program requirements.
- Request and obtain appropriate project information that facilitates quick and timely project application processing.
- Work collaboratively and communicate well with the team during the project review process to ensure good communication resulting in a smooth and efficient application submittal.
- Closely manage projects that begin to stagnate and take appropriate action and steps to complete or close the project after considering size, viability, timeline, etc.
- Track trade ally and project communications using Salesforce customer management software.
- Administrative tasks and other reporting duties will also be required, as assigned.
- Support the team under the direction of the outreach manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelors degree is required or comparable work experience in buildings systems and/or energy efficiency/sustainability will be considered.
- Excellent organizational, writing, verbal, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and the ability to learn and operate company proprietary computer software is required.
- 2-5 years of experience within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry is preferred.
- Understanding of building systems (particularly HVAC) and/or sustainability practices is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and control systems is encouraged.
- Must have a valid U.S. drivers license and have a personal vehicle to visit customer sites
Resource Innovations offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Resource Innovations also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
About Resource Innovations
Resource Innovations, with recently acquired Nexant, is a substantially woman-owned and woman-led energy consulting firm dedicated to creating equal access to clean resources through diverse partnerships. The companys deep roots and broad expertise in resource efficiency, policy development, coalition & partnership building and market-based technology support enable the delivery of highly successful energy programs. Nexant brings over 20 years of expertise in demand-side management, grid management and renewables as well as a comprehensive suite of software designed to support these initiatives.
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.
BusinessView all jobs at Resource Innovations