Resource Innovations is an environmental consulting company specializing in energy and water efficiency and focused on helping and empowering people to make smart energy choices. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with community organizations toward a collaborative economy.
Resource Innovations is seeking an Outreach and Marketing Specialist to join our team in Chicago, Illinois. This individual will be responsible for creating customer connections, generating leads, recruiting program participants, and continuously improving marketing and recruiting strategies. The Outreach & Marketing Specialist proactively develops relationships with sites and vendors that are within the northern Illinois electric utility territory. This includes recruiting new program participants by promoting our services, painting the picture of how utilizing these programs will benefit them, and making participation easy.
Additionally, the Outreach & Marketing Specialist supports the overall business development and marketing efforts of the team. This role identifies marketing channels, creates value proposition materials, and circulates customer success stories to promote the effectiveness of this program.
This is a full time, exempt position in our Chicago, IL office. Travel is anticipated for this role approximately 20% of the time, consisting primarily of day trips within the northern IL electric utility territory.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Lead the recruitment efforts within northern Illinois electric utility territory for energy efficiency program participation
· Identify target sites and conduct outreach to discover client’s affinity for energy efficiency and present utility program solutions that assist clients with achieving their energy reduction goals
· Meet with clients, including operators, engineers, and executives to qualify their fit for efficiency programs and influence their decision-making process to move forward with program services
· Support marketing and business development efforts including: market research of key accounts in target industrial sectors, evaluation of potential of emerging market segments, assessing market and customer needs, identifying thought leaders within segments, assessing competition, and identifying and evaluating market channels such as trade associations and conferences
· Collaborate with marketing personnel from our utility partners, client organizations, Resource Innovations contractors, and other partner organizations to develop marketing materials that are appropriate for the program activity
· Understand the goals of each program, as well as the co‐branding needs, budget constraints, and operating limitations inherent in each program and execute marketing plans accordingly
· Work closely with technical staff on program materials
· Manage initiatives, tools, and resources focused on improving program participation. This includes administration and data entry, as well as use of other collaboration software platforms such as SharePoint and SalesForce
· Generate leads from cold calls, networking, building and leveraging relationships within the client utility network
· Understand the industrial environment and have experience in technical sales, account/client management, or business development
· Understanding of the energy efficiency industry including utility incentive programs
· Basic knowledge of industrial plants and their energy using systems, including air compressors, fans, pumps, chillers, refrigeration, and HVAC
· Willing to leverage existing professional networks for lead generation
· Enjoy building and leveraging industry networks by communicating effectively with a broad audience ranging from executives to equipment operators
· Pay close attention to customer “care-abouts” and have built trusting, long-term, professional relationships
· Exercise critical thinking and apply exceptional problem-solving skills while remaining flexible
· Understand project financial metrics and how projects are “sold” to upper management
· Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills; the ability to multitask and work with deadlines is critical
· Experience promoting and/or selling products or working closely with sales representatives in a marketing function
· Strong persuasive skills and experience engaging both challenging and enthusiastic potential customers
· Understanding of the marketing, business development, and customer engagement functions, as they apply to industrial and utility customers
· Strong MS Word skills; proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, or similar graphics programs also desired
· Experience working with a comprehensive CRM platform, such as Salesforce
· Proactively and independently identifying opportunities to improve systems and tools and developing effective solutions
· Experience and skill in working with multiple managers and ability to juggle multiple, sometimes concurrent priorities
· A strong passion for learning and personal growth
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with both internal and external customers
· High level of self‐sufficiency required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field
· A minimum of 4 years of practical experience in a business‐to‐business environment, including the coordination and support of the proposal submission process
· Knowledge of, and exposure to, utility or government agency environment is preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.